I need to choose tires for the Chief! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well it is getting closer to the point where I need to order tires. I thought about the new KM2's from BFG since I have always ran KM's with good luck but the price for 37's was like 350 each so to heck with that. Now I am bouncing between Irok RADIALS and the new M16's from Interco. The problem I have with the M16's is that no one I know has them and it doesnt say if they are radials even though it kind of eludes to the fact that they are designed for pavement pounder type vehicles. The M16's at this point would be 37 13.5's where the Iroks would be 37 12.5's. I have a friend that has ran both the radial and bias iroks and the bias wore quickly on the street where he is happy with the radials wearing. I should mention my fj is going to see the pavement and that is about it......:rolleyes: I have other vehicles to beat the crap out of! :D

So help me out a bit here:

M16's or Iroks (radials)

DROP IT on the KM2s worth the money. and a good looking tire to boot. they will look great on the street

You need 37's for the mall ???

Yep :grinpimp: And it has a high steer kit to prevent hitting the tierod on a parking curb??

I thought I had deleted this thread prior to posting it but I guess I hit the wrong button and ran off to bed??????

Thanks anyways guys I will just go for it or post this in the chat instead since that is surely where it belongs before it is over :)

Last edited:
you dont want bias they be toast in a month

those tires look pretty sweet, i have never seen them

how much do they run? i couldnt see a price on them.

i wouldnt spend more than 250 a tire for daily driving if it were me.

this thread is just fine here, it is tech. have you looked at the baja claw radial?

thanks guys i will look at that site tonight. As for the m16's I think were around 305 and the iroks are closer to 310 a tire! I know what you mean on the 250 but it only seems to get me bias tires which would be perfectly fine if this wasnt my Wussy keep nice rig :)

If I was going to go bias it would open a lot of cheaper options such as pitbull rockers, etc.

Sorry to those helping me decide in my build thread also i accidently posted twice

m-16s

I dont know much about the best deals on tires or the best tires for that matter but the m-16s are being advertised by retailers as radials

Thanks bsmith123 I looked and looked but couldnt find the words RADIALS in regards to the m16's it just kept repeating what interco stated about road and less agressive etc..

if its a mall crawler... (hell even a trail rig) get a set of h1 37s off e-bay
i see them ALL the time... i think they average like 120 a tire... its been a while since i checked but when i had a heep w/6" lift i kept checkin on them.....
they are THICK hard rubber so they LAST AND LAST + they arent 1/2 bad offroad... hankook copied the tread for one of their new tires

H1's ???? Now that is why I love this site...... I don't know if I will go this route but it is a great idea that looks like I could pick a set up for about 700 plus shipping (I have an email in on shipping costs)
:cheers:
h1's.jpg

h1's 2.jpg

They don't quite have the look I am wanting but for a mall cruising grocery getting baby wagon they would be sweet plus I am looking at about 1250.00 for the Irok Radials............

The H1's I would have to go 16.5's and I was thinking (Might be wrong here) but arent 16.5 wheels the bastard child of wheels that we wish would have never happened????? That is my only scare
h1's.jpg
h1's 2.jpg

Camcruiser I have in deed thought about the claws but the people I know that have ran them said they were wicked on wet roads.... But they probably thought they were in race cars to so ??? I do like the looks of them.

I took a peek at the onlinetires.com and it looks like 35x12.5x17's are 231 plus shipping which is about 65.00 less a tire than 4wheelparts so maybe that might put the 37's down around 295 :meh: I will give them a call tomorrow and find out

I have looked at the x-terrains also incase they pop up with the usual buy 3 get one free deal that they always have but I have a set of like 33's sitting here waiting for me to win the lottery so I can upgrade to a newer yota..... :) I kind of want something different than what I have around here.

:beer:

Here is a bit of info I found on the H1s

OK I am looking in to getting some 37X12.50x16.5R H1 goodyear MT tires off of ebay, 5 for $310 I am still waiting back to see how much shipping will be. I am getting mixed reviews on them what would you guys say. Does anyone know of a other site other then ebay that sells them, used or retreaded, or even new. I checked my local shops here military surplus and salvage places and know one has any. A website with them would be much appreciated thanks.
Not sure of anywhere to get them other than ebay, but they're good tires for the price. They don't ride too bad, they're good in sand, and I got right at 40k miles out of 2 sets that I ran on my old 97 F250. They don't do well in mud though, or atleast not down here in nasty black muck.

Michelin Hummer tires

If you decide on the Michelin's, this guy on Pirate has a lot of them for sale. I think his bread & butter is in the hummer rims, but he like to get rid of the matching tires (often ~90%+ tread left) like they're going out of style.

RECENTERED H1 rims by '406 YJ'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom