Hydro assist parts from Solvefunction (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@turbomopie

The clamp you selected removes the need for the two small plates.

I welded the plates to a clamp.

I will have to try the clamp you picked.

I also put a small bushing inside the the ram to limit the travel. Bushing length was found after installing and cycling steering with the stops all the way in.

20230903_135748.jpg
20230903_133151.jpg

I can definitely get some of these made to add to the kit.

I think those are a good option as the tie rod moves up and down and in and out, the swivel will allow this movement
That's similar to the Redneck Ram I'm stuffing in mine soon as the brackets show up. Should be today. Then it's 3 link time...

I think those are a good option as the tie rod moves up and down and in and out, the swivel will allow this movement
A 1” dia ram is spec’d in this thread. I’m pretty sure we used a 1.5”.

That's similar to the Redneck Ram I'm stuffing in mine soon as the brackets show up. Should be today. Then it's 3

A 1” dia ram is spec’d in this thread. I’m pretty sure we used a 1.5”.
Should be able to make either work, may need some clearencing. The 1 inch has been great feels stock. The 1.5 is much slower but will push a larger tire and have more force.

Should be able to make either work, may need some clearencing. The 1 inch has been great feels stock. The 1.5 is much slower but will push a larger tire and have more force.
Yes I know as I’ve been running hydro assist about three years or so. The force of the 1” ram will be noticeably reduced in a left hand turn due to the 5/8” dia rod eliminating so much of the piston area.

The stock pump may be better able to keep up with the smaller ram but members need to realize that either one will be such a good steering damper/stabilizer that feed back from the road will be almost nil leaving a feeling of numbness in the steering wheel. This mod is mainly for the rock junkies among us.

Last edited:
That's similar to the Redneck Ram I'm stuffing in mine soon as the brackets show up. Should be today. Then it's 3 link time...
I have been running a1.5 redneck ram for 4 to 5 years
They will have more adjustability. The 1 inch ram is easier to package.
I’m very interested in checking one out that's in service the 1” ram should have a easier steering wheel feel.

Last edited:
I figured a little clearancing would need to be done, but your brackets get me closer to what I need than anyone else. I'm stuffing in a new (non-leaking) steering pump and reservoir while I'm at it with longer lines from Hydraulics Direct. And your box drilling guide has made that part so much easier!

I figured a little clearancing would need to be done, but your brackets get me closer to what I need than anyone else. I'm stuffing in a new (non-leaking) steering pump and reservoir while I'm at it with longer lines from Hydraulics Direct. And your box drilling guide has made that part so much easier!
That's awesome glad it helped out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom