How to remove door panel molding 2013-2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
I want to remove the lower door moldings on all 4 doors. I found this good video in @brandonb4 's chrome delete thread but it is for MY 2016+. My 200 is a 2015 and the moldings are different. I do not know for sure if they are clipped on in a similar way or not. I have heard that some MYs used screws so I don't want to try prying the wrong part.

Anyone done this on 2013-2013?

Also, I am considering to just leave the moldings off but I would need to deal with filling the holes and repainting the doors. Anyone done that?

looks like there are some screws involved for 2013-2015
1697224073810.png

I can't tell from picture but I'm guessing that the chrome part prys out to gain access to the screws.

If I recall correctly ('13 LX), the chrome piece is attached to the larger molding piece with adhesive tape and 2 or 3 screws. The larger molding piece is attached to the vehicle with clips; you can gently pry them off the vehicle as a unit. Then you can remove the chrome piece from the molding and do whatever painting, wrapping, etc. you prefer.

IMG_8458.jpeg

IMG_8463.jpeg

Last edited:
If I recall correctly ('13 LX), the chrome piece is attached to the larger molding piece with adhesive tape and 2 or 3 screws. The larger molding piece is attached to the vehicle with clips; you can gently pry them off the vehicle as a unit. Then you can remove the chrome piece from the molding and do whatever painting, wrapping, etc. you prefer.

This was also the case on my 13 LC.

View attachment 3455228

View attachment 3455229

That is the case. You can pry off the whole piece and the chrome strip has screws holding it into the larger piece.

I warpped my chrome strips and it turned out well. Mine is a 2015.

20231014_085250.jpg

20231014_085544.jpg

thanks all. just what I needed.

I really wish there were not the holes in the door panel. I like the look w/o the moldings and with sliders, I don't really need the moldings for door ding protection. I imagine getting them filled and the doors painted wouldn't be cheap professionally done.

View attachment 3455228

View attachment 3455229
I pulled mine this summer and had them painted. It took time and patience to get the two sided tape residue off the back of the molding for reapplication but I was happy with the end result. Good luck!

IMG_2716.jpeg

IMG_2712.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom