Filling door panel holes - how? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
So I've ordered a set of Rhinohide Armor panels and they will not work with the stock lower door trim panels. My options are trim the Rhinohide panels or pull the OEM lower trim panels off. If I do the later, I'll be looking at this:
1701011723570.png

So how to best fill the holes? There is no easy access to the back of the holes without removing the door skin. I don't have the skills to do this myself and at that point, paying someone to go that far would likely be cost prohibitive. I'll likely leave the Rhinohide panels on most of the time so I've thought about just covering the holes with some kind of tape or a wrap strip. Not sure I could make that look ok with out the Rhino panels. Anyone got ideas?

So I've ordered a set of Rhinohide Armor panels and they will not work with the stock lower door trim panels. My options are trim the Rhinohide panels or pull the OEM lower trim panels off. If I do the later, I'll be looking at this:
View attachment 3491632

So how to best fill the holes? There is no easy access to the back of the holes without removing the door skin. I don't have the skills to do this myself and at that point, paying someone to go that far would likely be cost prohibitive. I'll likely leave the Rhinohide panels on most of the time so I've thought about just covering the holes with some kind of tape or a wrap strip. Not sure I could make that look ok with out the Rhino panels. Anyone got ideas?

Something like these hole plugs (On Amazon: Auto Body Hole PLugs) might be a good temporary solution until a better one presents itself:

61n6CYMA9DL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71AukCN8ICL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

HTH

It depends on what you plan to do with the truck in the future. It may hurt the resale value.
If you are thinking about it, then the plugs ^ is a good solution. If you want to do it properly a body shop should be involved to weld the holes, repaint the panels, and blend with the fenders - not cheap and it looks like you are not willing to spend the money anyway.
If looks are not important, you can cover the holes with vinyl wrapping or similar.

It depends on what you plan to do with the truck in the future. It may hurt the resale value.
If you are thinking about it, then the plugs ^ is a good solution. If you want to do it properly a body shop should be involved to weld the holes, repaint the panels, and blend with the fenders - not cheap and it looks like you are not willing to spend the money anyway.
If looks are not important, you can cover the holes with vinyl wrapping or similar.
I don't really care about resale. I'm willing to spend some money on this to make it look like the HE w/o the lower trim but probably not >$1000. I think the plastic plug idea is where I'll start and see if I ever really remove the Rhino panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom