Roof Channel Molding, how to remove slider clips? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Edit: Figured it out. Clips slide fwd/back, then one side lifts up.

Heritage, but I assume they are all the same. I am missing a couple of the roof drip channel molding pieces that run front/back. They are held in with this slider clips with a bunch of arrows. It's not immediately clear what you do (two arrows facing one way, single arrow facing 90 degrees). How do these come off?

Last edited:
On 2013 there are clips for the tops of the windshield moldings, but not for the channel black trims. Are you sure you have the clips?

I think this might be it.

1710784493533.png

P. S. Just curious why you want to remove them.

Two of the long rubber/plastic pieces flew out, almost definitely when I (had to) go through a touchless car wash. There are two remaining, but my detail guy wasn't sure how to unclip them and is extremely careful not to break anything. He wants to remove the existing ones, clean out the channel. I'll order replacements and put them back

These are technically the covers for the empty roof rack feet boltdown locations. They are clicked to metal filler plates for the bolt holes and they just pull off. The arrows are so you know how to orient them during installation. Double arrows towards front of vehicle. So on a typical LC, the ones just behind the front roof rack feet (2nd set of holes). On an LX they are on the first set of mounting holes. The weld seam rubber fillers do fit under them.

The trims are just pressed in the channel. Use a trim remover tool and protect the paint.

OP Are you asking about the covers or the clips glued to the roof?

I am talking about these plates, red arrow. They have arrows indicating to slide them back and then sideways but we figured it out. You slide them following to two arrow direction, then pull them up and one end unclips.

These plates help hold in some rubber molding (basically "gutter covers" to keep debris out of the drip rail). I'm missing two gutter covers.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 142020.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom