LX570 Switch Panel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been try to find a suitable switch panel solution for my LX 570, but unfortunately, I’ve found no viable options thus far. , I’ve been toying with an idea, though my lack of experience with 3D printing is a hurdle.

The concept revolves around swapping out the existing instrumental panel compartment box with a larger panel, in a manner similar to the modifications LC 200 owners have implemented. I believe this could provide a cleaner and more efficient solution for organizing switches in the LX 570.

To help illustrate, I’ve attached some pictures for reference.

@bhicks , Could you please have look. 🙏

IMG_0566.jpeg
IMG_0568.jpeg
IMG_0572.jpeg
IMG_0578.jpeg

Started a company back in college that did exactly this type of work.. sold it off so I don’t have access to the software (or 3D printing hardware) but pending good contouring of that surface (getting the sweep of that panel correct) this is super do-able. That little hatch door thing drives me nuts too, and looking to add switches myself.

If nobody comes out of the wood works here in a reasonable time, I can go track down a computer and maybe a temp license for Autodesk or SolidWorks.

I started working on a 3D design for exactly that panel...Just haven't had enough time to get back to it. I would definitely buy one if anyone comes up with a decent design.

Was hoping for something that could hold my Tekonsha brake controller, factory switches, and a bunch of random switches:
1705093005059.png

I'll be happy to share the more detailed and more advanced (probably not ready to print) .stl file, if I can track down a more complete version...I think I have it on a different PC.

Last edited:
Definitely not as cool as a 3D Panel that can hold oem style switches, but I did this to that box recently. Maintained full functionality of the pocket as well, other than the "slow" open since there is the weight of a switch on it now.

I’ve been try to find a suitable switch panel solution for my LX 570, but unfortunately, I’ve found no viable options thus far. , I’ve been toying with an idea, though my lack of experience with 3D printing is a hurdle.

The concept revolves around swapping out the existing instrumental panel compartment box with a larger panel, in a manner similar to the modifications LC 200 owners have implemented. I believe this could provide a cleaner and more efficient solution for organizing switches in the LX 570.

To help illustrate, I’ve attached some pictures for reference.

@bhicks , Could you please have look. 🙏

View attachment 3531218View attachment 3531220View attachment 3531224View attachment 3531228
I can look into this project if there is demand for this. What is the purpose of that flip out compartment thing?

I can look into this project if there is demand for this. What is the purpose of that flip out compartment thing?
Basically a small compartment for coins and stuff, never use.

Here's the half baked STL file that I've been working on... I had a more developed version somewhere, but I don't know where I put it :(

Nonetheless, I'm sure that there's a better designer out there with more time on their hands for such ventures.

Hope it's useful! Keep me in mind if you develop a prototype or sales version, please.

Attachments

• LX SWITCH PANEL.stl
    73.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I’m in for one to the extent someone can create a plug and play replacement of that useless compartment and new home for the switches on top.

I now have a printer and could go back and do this more right. Interested in where it ends up.

I used off the shelf parts to put a few switches inside the coin box. Can control five things, which is ok, but having the density to do 4 x 3 rows would better for sure.

F27E0EA3-D8F5-49F6-8C93-8E9D6B7DBDF0.jpeg

I’m in for one to the extent someone can create a plug and play replacement of that useless compartment and new home for the switches on top.

If I recall correctly, the top switches can be removed as a cluster and will fit into the top cutout in the STL file (note: I haven't test fit, as the STL file is very half-baked, and hasn't been printed or probably even designed well enough to print...but I believe the measurements are correct)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom