How to get peak AC performance from your 2003+ 100 series (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced my fan clutch and the AC works much better at lower/stop speeds. Next will be the AUX fan.
How hard was this to do? Have a spare in garage but haven’t gotten around to it.

Happy I stumbled across this finally! Last year we did a drive thru safari in TX. Outside was about 100f and speed on average was about 5mph. The AC system was not keeping up. I have a new fan clutch that I will install at the same time. I will be ordering your kit in the next few days!

Hey @LandCruiserPhil - your site says the aux fan kits are "Not available til Feb 2022". Do you currently have them in stock and shipping? I actually put in an order for two of them last week and looking forward to running them on my 05 and 06 here in hot southern Utah. :cool:
I ordered a kit first week of Feb and was told the the fans are out of stock with no update of when he can get some. If you hear different let me know, I would still like to order one.

Any update on when these will ship out? I ordered on 4/15, no response yet.

Hey @LandCruiserPhil - your site says the aux fan kits are "Not available til Feb 2022". Do you currently have them in stock and shipping? I actually put in an order for two of them last week and looking forward to running them on my 05 and 06 here in hot southern Utah. :cool:
Just got a refund and note from Phil via Paypal. Looks like his fan supplier hasn't come thru yet so he's not taking orders on them right now (and gave me a refund). Darn. :(

Just got a refund and note from Phil via Paypal. Looks like his fan supplier hasn't come thru yet so he's not taking orders on them right now (and gave me a refund). Darn. :(
Thanks for posting this. I emailed the site but had not heard back

Wonder if @LandCruiserPhil could sell us the electrical parts if he's got and ample supply of those and we can source our own electric fan

I'm in for whatever gets the fan installed! Full LCP kit or LCP bracket + ebay fan
@daohaus @nagor

Completely recharged my A/C after finding a small leak. Works great, unless I stop at a 90 second red light in AZ at 99 degrees. Was about to replace condenser (found 1 hot spot) when I stumbled on this thread. This was my original thought, slap a fan on it for the summer it clearly cools great when I'm in motion. So happy to see someone solved this. LC100 is parked until I get this solved. Any idea when they're back in stock? Perhaps you would sell your IP, aka all the part numbers and I can leverage all your hard work for a fee and just buy the backordered parts OEM?? Hate to not be able to offroad all summer because of one or two backordered parts.

Thanks in advance.

Got my used OE fan, now time to install.

I was able to wire up a switch to an ebay fan that helps but hasn't completely fixed the issue.

IMG_5118.jpeg

I was able to wire up a switch to an ebay fan that helps but hasn't completely fixed the issue.

View attachment 3371907
It's HOT in Phoenix, man. I bet you want that AC crankin.

The fan can help your AC, but your AC should work pretty well without it. After all, it came from the factory without it.

Have you checked other parts of your AC system to make sure they're in spec? For me, I had a leak in the system so it was never able to hold a pressure and stay cold. I went ahead and fixed the leaks. Replacing the evaporator, expansion valve, and condenser finally did it for sure. The fan has been just nice to have on really hot days and kicks automatically. In Phoenix, I wouldn't mess around with crappy AC, definitely get it workin. You can get most of those parts I mentioned on RockAuto from Denso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom