How is the market on 2021 LC 200 60k miles? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im not sure if this is appropriate for this forum but looking at buying a second LC 200 and looks like the market is still pretty strong for under 100k mile LC 200s. I have seen prices from $60-$70k. I would love to hear some opinions on this if this is a topic that can be discussed on this forum.
Thank you!

The LC market is holding better than other vehicles; however, I would not be in the market to purchase a 200 while the 250 is just around the corner in the coming months. I expect a fairly large forced price correction from Toyota by them downgrading the Land Cruiser nameplate by selling out their top of the line halo nameplate for a quick cash grab in the mid-tier product line.

However, if you have the chance to find a clean 200 and price stability is not too much of a concern, then I would say go for it. The 200 is a fairly rare vehicle and it’s getting more and more tough to find good non-rusty examples.

The LC market is holding better than other vehicles; however, I would not be in the market to purchase a 200 while the 250 is just around the corner in the coming months. I expect a fairly large forced price correction from Toyota by them downgrading the Land Cruiser nameplate by selling out their top of the line halo nameplate for a quick cash grab in the mid-tier product line.

However, if you have the chance to find a clean 200 and price stability is not too much of a concern, then I would say go for it. The 200 is a fairly rare vehicle and it’s getting more and more tough to find good non-rusty examples.

No offense, the 250 is not going to be in the same ballpark. The 2.4L turbo is a no go, and not because I dont like turbo engines. I owned a 3.5L Ecoboost F150 for 9 years.

The GX550 might push it down but good luck getting on for a reasonable price for a few years.

I agree - believe you me.

The common consumer though which largely drives the price of 200’s? That’s where it counts.

LC held its value very well because it was Toyota’s legendary halo nameplate. That won’t be the case moving forward here in the States. Which is rightfully a shame.

I agree - believe you me.

The common consumer though which largely drives the price of 200’s? That’s where it counts.

LC held its value very well because it was Toyota’s legendary halo nameplate. That won’t be the case moving forward here in the States. Which is rightfully a shame.

TBH I doubt “halo” has anything to do with the reason *most* US buyers end up with a Landcruiser. It’s more about practicality, dependability, capability. In that context, the V8 and ability to tow what it does is probably a big factor.. and for that reason I can’t imagine 200 prices dropping a whole lot when the new model hits the street.

Basically? It’s about quality, and I do think most people able to pay what a Landcruiser costs new can sniff that out.

GX? Availability issues will probably prevent any noticeable impact on 200 prices.

All of this is just a hunch though.

Im not sure if this is appropriate for this forum but looking at buying a second LC 200 and looks like the market is still pretty strong for under 100k mile LC 200s. I have seen prices from $60-$70k. I would love to hear some opinions on this if this is a topic that can be discussed on this forum.
Thank you!
There is a thread in the forum classifieds that may help.

TBH I doubt “halo” has anything to do with the reason *most* US buyers end up with a Landcruiser. It’s more about practicality, dependability, capability. In that context, the V8 and ability to tow what it does is probably a big factor.. and for that reason I can’t imagine 200 prices dropping a whole lot when the new model hits the street.

Basically? It’s about quality, and I do think most people able to pay what a Landcruiser costs new can sniff that out.

GX? Availability issues will probably prevent any noticeable impact on 200 prices.

The word may not be "halo" but the Land Cruiser name definitely drives demand and legacy interest.

Yeah were not talking about a vehicle with 100k a year production. There was like maybe 8k a year(between LC and LX) and I suspect the people who were buying them were buying them on purpose, not because they though it was better than a BMW or Mercedes for taking the kids to soccer practice.

Yeah were not talking about a vehicle with 100k a year production. There was like maybe 8k a year(between LC and LX) and I suspect the people who were buying them were buying them on purpose, not because they though it was better than a BMW or Mercedes for taking the kids to soccer practice.
Huh? The 200 is a global platform.

Once folks see how underpowered the 2.4 is, well maintained LC200s will skyrocket.

I would buy now.

Once folks see how underpowered the 2.4 is, well maintained LC200s will skyrocket.

I would buy now.
I don’t think it’s going to be too underpowered with the 465 ft lbs of torque, though it will probably sound like a tin can rattling around under the hood trying to make that much power with the 4 popper. The electric boost should alleviate most of the turbo lag, but it will feel very synthetic.

I don’t think it’s going to be too underpowered with the 465 ft lbs of torque, though it will probably sound like a tin can rattling around under the hood trying to make that much power with the 4 popper. The electric boost should alleviate most of the turbo lag, but it will feel very synthetic.
Nah...Toyota will pipe in V8 sounds into the LC250 cabin! Problem solved! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom