Water in footwell of lc 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone- when it rains , I have noticed water is somehow getting into the front passenger floor. Any idea where I should start? Is this a common issue? 2020 LC 36k miles

First thing I’d suspect is the sunroof drains

Passenger floor could also be the cowl letting water into the recirc door. Has your windshield been replaced?

It’s bizarre - I just soaked the whole side with a hose for 20 minutes and no water intruded. Checked the drains of the sunroof and clear

It’s bizarre - I just soaked the whole side with a hose for 20 minutes and no water intruded. Checked the drains of the sunroof and clear
Do you have all-weather mats? If so is the water collecting in the passenger mat, or only down in the carpet under it?

Do you have all-weather mats? If so is the water collecting in the passenger mat, or only down in the carpet under it?
I do have all weather mats. Again it doesn’t happen all the time but I have noticed both on top of the mat and on the carpet. I also have notice a couple times there will be drip marks and little bit of watering starting way up the footwell near the top of the glove box.

I do have all weather mats. Again it doesn’t happen all the time but I have noticed both on top of the mat and on the carpet. I also have notice a couple times there will be drip marks and little bit of watering starting way up the footwell near the top of the glove box.
That’s the cowl, most likely.

Usually it’s vehicle position-dependent, and parking nose-down seems to make it worse.

Has your windshield been replaced? Cowl seal problems for a 2020 would be really surprising if it hadn’t been pulled out before.

Pics

IMG_9132.png

IMG_9131.png

That’s the cowl, most likely.

Usually it’s vehicle position-dependent, and parking nose-down seems to make it worse.

Has your windshield been replaced? Cowl seal problems for a 2020 would be really surprising if it hadn’t been pulled out before.
Not to my knowledge although I did buy it preowned. It has a Toyota windshield

When you see water in the floor mat pull out your cabin filter and see if it’s wet. Note that if you aren’t aware, it is very easy to break that door by forcing it forward by hand. Always use the AC recirc setting to move the door! (And never leave your 200 at the dealer without the glove box locked and your key blade with you, if you haven’t seen me write that before)

A relevant thread if my gut is correct on this:

My vote is with @bloc - Cowl leakage most likely

Have you parked in the same spot the whole time? Which way the car leans makes a huge difference in identifying a sunroof drain blockage. If a front drain is blocked, you need to park the front end lower to diagnose. That would be my first culprit- have seen it several times over the years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom