Hot Rod 25, Caution: HardCore Speed Stuff

FJnotCJ

SILVER Star

Someone spent a lot of time on this...when I get some more 1 barrels I'm going to mock them up just to see what it looks like...
PB100001.JPG

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.

Phil, I've been looking for one of those! That, and an Offenhauser valve cover. :grinpimp:

Do you think that manifold was really for the Cruiser motor or something modified from a Chevy 216?

Living in the Past thought he was the "60's appropriate" aftermarket king! ;)
Offy216.JPG

FJnotCJ

SILVER Star

It is just a plain old F135 intake, FJ25 markings, hacked and tacked...maybe it might have worked better if the carb mountings were spaced wider like the above pic

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

Quote: Cruiser_Nerd Living in the Past thought he was the "60's appropriate" aftermarket king!

Be nice Jim or I fold the parts in half. :grinpimp: That would make them easier to ship :idea: Besides I just want twin carbs I couldn't afford the the gas with three :rolleyes: I have a real clean header I just wanted the twin carbs. But if you don't have enough IBBL carbs Phil just bring that intake along when your down here for the transmission :)

John

FJnotCJ

SILVER Star

Living in the Past said:
But if you don't have enough IBBL carbs Phil just bring that intake along when your down here for the transmission :)

John
John, if you want that intake it's yours! PM your addy and I'll launch that hard top vent at you also....

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

I don't need anymore projects but now I'm wondering how the intake manifold would work with the center hole blanked off and carbs on the other two openings:idea: Move the air cleaner mounting bracket up one bolt hole to the front of the cylinder head, I ready have a air cleaner cover that I adapted to a Holley carb, twist the aircleaner housing toward the inlet in the apron. Hmmmm

John

Last edited:

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

This should fit the only different would be the vent tube that runs to the aircleaner. The 25s didn't have the vent tube or a PCV valve. Looks tempting, aluminum valve cover, multi carbs and a header. Do something with the distributor and coil. WOW would a power house it would be.

John

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.

FJnotCJ

SILVER Star

So I got to looking at the early 2 bbl manifold...yep, same bolt pattern as this mid 80s FJ60 carb, height is about the same also...
PC200006-2.JPG

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor

When Harold Graves first started casting his Manifold Free [get it, Man-A-Fre] induction systems [what he called them] he used to sand cast a twin-carbed intake for the F135. One of my old customers in Palmdale had one on his FJ45lv. He sent me a picture of the setup which is buried under a pile of old papers somewhere on my desk. Haven't seen it for about 13 years now.:doh:

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
SILVER Star

pics maybe tomorrow but Abe hooked me up with a dual offenhauser intake for the F135/F120. It's real, it glows in the dark, and....I am pretty sure you can see jesus or mary in the casting :D

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.

ClemsonCruiser said:
this one looks similiar............ it is on a 1962 FJ40 up for auction on ebay right now
I've been eyeballing that.........go good with my Offy valve cover. :D Anything over $500 would kill me with cost to get it home. :frown:

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.

treerootCO said:
nothing more hot rod than a supercharger!
Can you just picture that..............powered off the press-on pulley...................right next to the four bladed fan grenade? :D

Top Bottom