Hot Rod 25, Caution: HardCore Speed Stuff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Someone spent a lot of time on this...when I get some more 1 barrels I'm going to mock them up just to see what it looks like...
PB100001.JPG

Phil, I've been looking for one of those! That, and an Offenhauser valve cover. :grinpimp:

Do you think that manifold was really for the Cruiser motor or something modified from a Chevy 216?

Living in the Past thought he was the "60's appropriate" aftermarket king! ;)
Offy216.JPG

It is just a plain old F135 intake, FJ25 markings, hacked and tacked...maybe it might have worked better if the carb mountings were spaced wider like the above pic

Quote: Cruiser_Nerd Living in the Past thought he was the "60's appropriate" aftermarket king!

Be nice Jim or I fold the parts in half. :grinpimp: That would make them easier to ship :idea: Besides I just want twin carbs I couldn't afford the the gas with three :rolleyes: I have a real clean header I just wanted the twin carbs. But if you don't have enough IBBL carbs Phil just bring that intake along when your down here for the transmission :)

John

Living in the Past said:
But if you don't have enough IBBL carbs Phil just bring that intake along when your down here for the transmission :)

John

John, if you want that intake it's yours! PM your addy and I'll launch that hard top vent at you also....

I don't need anymore projects but now I'm wondering how the intake manifold would work with the center hole blanked off and carbs on the other two openings:idea: Move the air cleaner mounting bracket up one bolt hole to the front of the cylinder head, I ready have a air cleaner cover that I adapted to a Holley carb, twist the aircleaner housing toward the inlet in the apron. Hmmmm

John

Last edited:
This should fit the only different would be the vent tube that runs to the aircleaner. The 25s didn't have the vent tube or a PCV valve. Looks tempting, aluminum valve cover, multi carbs and a header. Do something with the distributor and coil. WOW would a power house it would be.

John

So I got to looking at the early 2 bbl manifold...yep, same bolt pattern as this mid 80s FJ60 carb, height is about the same also...
PC200006-2.JPG

When Harold Graves first started casting his Manifold Free [get it, Man-A-Fre] induction systems [what he called them] he used to sand cast a twin-carbed intake for the F135. One of my old customers in Palmdale had one on his FJ45lv. He sent me a picture of the setup which is buried under a pile of old papers somewhere on my desk. Haven't seen it for about 13 years now.:doh:

pics maybe tomorrow but Abe hooked me up with a dual offenhauser intake for the F135/F120. It's real, it glows in the dark, and....I am pretty sure you can see jesus or mary in the casting :D

ClemsonCruiser said:
this one looks similiar............ it is on a 1962 FJ40 up for auction on ebay right now

I've been eyeballing that.........go good with my Offy valve cover. :D Anything over $500 would kill me with cost to get it home. :frown:

treerootCO said:
nothing more hot rod than a supercharger!

Can you just picture that..............powered off the press-on pulley...................right next to the four bladed fan grenade? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom