Home made lx470 AHC over ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright gurus. Did the mod, everything worked great for a few days. Yesterday, tried to drop it in low for the dogs to jump out and all I get is two blinks then solid light on N. Same thing when I try to go to H. Push the switch either way, I get two blinks then solid N light.

Any ideas before I dig really deep? (and by dig really deep, I mean say screw it and keep riding it like it is)

So doing this mod and then driving cross country on LOW mode to save fuel is not advised?
So, most likely not a good idea , but I don't know if the low mode removes ALL dampening capability. I have the spacer AHC lift, as well as the slee override, and have been meaning to do a test with that in mind. I just have not found the time yet. The key issue, from my perspective, is that the suspension is practically resting on the bump stops when in low mode. If running in low at speed and you hit a bump, the lack of available "up travel" would result in a pogo effect and and the lack of dampening would result in a likely crash. Now, if the dampening is still present, and you can achieve the required amount of up- travel via the spacer lift, then I believe that you could run it in low to get to stock height for freeway driving, and then N for lifted around town, and then H for the trails. However, I have not tried it and I do not recommend it without significant further testing.

Alright gurus. Did the mod, everything worked great for a few days. Yesterday, tried to drop it in low for the dogs to jump out and all I get is two blinks then solid light on N. Same thing when I try to go to H. Push the switch either way, I get two blinks then solid N light.

Any ideas before I dig really deep? (and by dig really deep, I mean say screw it and keep riding it like it is)

This was one of the reasons that Slee stopped selling his--they were prone to reliability issues and nobody could figure out why. I suspect something in the AHC computer was not happy for some reason and once it got unhappy enough, it started acting up. No real informed suspicions from me though.

I've been using this mod for three weeks with no issues but like I said try at your own risk but it works fine for me. Have you tried unplugging the battery to see if it would reset?

This was one of the reasons that Slee stopped selling his--they were prone to reliability issues and nobody could figure out why. I suspect something in the AHC computer was not happy for some reason and once it got unhappy enough, it started acting up. No real informed suspicions from me though.
Interesting, when I called Slee to see if they still sell the AHC Override kit they said that the circuit board production costs won't worth it for them, didn't mention anything about reliability issues.

I've been using this mod for three weeks with no issues but like I said try at your own risk but it works fine for me. Have you tried unplugging the battery to see if it would reset?

Yeah, unplugged the neg on the battery and still the same. Was weird because it worked perfect for about 3-4 days. Who knows, I'll leave it like it is now until next weekend. If it's still doing the same thing, I may try to solder them back together to see if I can at least go into high temporarily.

BTW, totally agree with you on try at your own risk. To me, it was worth the risk.

Yeah, unplugged the neg on the battery and still the same. Was weird because it worked perfect for about 3-4 days. Who knows, I'll leave it like it is now until next weekend. If it's still doing the same thing, I may try to solder them back together to see if I can at least go into high temporarily.

BTW, totally agree with you on try at your own risk. To me, it was worth the risk.

Did you just cut the wires or install a switch? If switch, it doesn’t work with the switch on and off?

If you cut, check and make sure things are making accidental contact and shorting out. Or twist the wires back together temporarily and test again?

Did you just cut the wires or install a switch? If switch, it doesn’t work with the switch on and off?

If you cut, check and make sure things are making accidental contact and shorting out. Or twist the wires back together temporarily and test again?
[/QUO

Try a manual clear for the AHC: ignition off, short Tc and E1 in dlc1 (passenger side under hood), ignition on and push brake pedal 9 times in less than 3 seconds. IG off, remove short.

Jim

Really, I guess you know more than me? This is how rumors start.

The reason why we stopped is that we did not have anymore blank circuit boards to build the units. Based on the numbers we sold it did not make sense to have another large batch of boards made.

Also, just to correct some other misinformation, we never sold this board for $200, it was $50. Thanks margins was very low and tech support high trying to assist people in doing electronic mods to their vehicles without basic wiring skills or knowledge.

Sometimes a product simply reaches it's end of life.

The reason why we stopped is that we did not have anymore blank circuit boards to build the units. Based on the numbers we sold it did not make sense to have another large batch of boards made.

Also, just to correct some other misinformation, we never sold this board for $200, it was $50. Thanks margins was very low and tech support high trying to assist people in doing electronic mods to their vehicles without basic wiring skills or knowledge.

I believe it was me that mentioned that Slee override switch was $200. I first learned of your product when I was researching the LX. When I finally bought an LX I was very eager to buy the override switch and was very disappointed to learn that it's no longer available. I came across some old posts of folks selling it for $200 but I guess those were inflated prices after Slee discontinued the override switch. I have nothing but respect for what Slee offers and provides to the off road community, you guys are awesome! Apologies for any incorrect statements that I made. TZ

Yeah, I don't really care about having the switch, so I just cut the wires. I'll get under there and see if they're making contact.

Jahawk,

Hate to ask, but seriously? I always wonder who comes up with the resets like this. Almost like the old Nintendo Contra cheat. What was that, up down up down left right left right a b start?

Lx 470, 2003 model , AC LIGHT blinking please help. I cannot find MG CLT RELAY IN FUSE BOX, what to do for this intermittent ac function??? Sometime it is fine some time compressor goes off and AC light is blinking. i need help on this electrical issue

Perhaps this has been discussed but.... Can't you just cut the #4 and #17 wires, button the ends up safely and control the raising and lowering with the existing AHC switch at any speed any time?

Perhaps this has been discussed but.... Can't you just cut the #4 and #17 wires, button the ends up safely and control the raising and lowering with the existing AHC switch at any speed any time?
Yes you can, but then you will have no adaptive variable suspension because the system doesn’t know the vehicle is moving. It’s a simple dynamic system but when you eliminate the key input, vehicle speed, you get consequences. So yep, cut wires and drive around in position 8 non dynamic damping.

This is a fantastic, simple, & cheap mod...Adding it to the 'Do Now' list!

@BullElk yes, pretty sure you can do that...and then if you want to come back later and add the switch you're good to go.

So yep, cut wires and drive around in position 8 non dynamic damping.

Is this the case with the override switch mentioned as well as the case under 19 mph as the AHC is designed?

Is this the case with the override switch mentioned as well as the case under 19 mph as the AHC is designed?
Yes, doesn’t matter if you’re using the previously available “name brand” override switch or sticking in a $2 DPST switch inline or cutting wires - if the system doesn’t know the vehicle is moving ie no front wheel speed input - then the adaptive variable suspension stays in its quiescent state regardless

Reactions: ls6
[

So what did the slee circuit board do? What was the purpose of adding complexity if it is as simple as adding a DPST to some wiring

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom