Home made lx470 AHC over ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just did this on my aus spec LX470, want to confirm it does work perfectly... if it doesn't, you did the mod wrong. Make sure you heat shrink the cables after soldered as the loom is quite close with not much slack where it plugs in.

Also the AHC unit is on the LHS under the steering wheel not the RHS like the slee pic.

Ah so what are the engine options there?
For the LX? Only the 4.7L V8.

As for the 100 LC, we get the same as you guys; 4.2 non-turbo diesel 6, 4.2 turbo diesel 6, 4.5 petrol 6, and 4.7 petrol V8.

For the LX? Only the 4.7L V8.

As for the 100 LC, we get the same as you guys; 4.2 non-turbo diesel 6, 4.2 turbo diesel 6, 4.5 petrol 6, and 4.7 petrol V8.

US 100 LCs only get the 4.7 petrol too. No diesels (sadly) or 6-cyl (thankfully) here.

I did it and have a slight issue. With the wheel speed sensor wire cut I keep getting a C1776 code and when it throws the code the AHC stops working. So then I clear the code and AHC works again immediately. This happens once every couple weeks or so. Not a big deal because I don't need H that often and when I do I can just clear the code and know I'll be good to go for a while.

But I kind of regret doing this just because the more I think about it the more I realize there's really no benefit. If you are wheeling some big enough terrain that you need H you're probably going under 20mph anyway. If you're just on dirt roads or the beach or whatever and going over 20mph it's doubtful that those extra couple of inches H gives you is going to make any difference. Just my $0.02 based on the places I take my cruiser.

I think this mod really only makes sense if you're going to drive in H all the time and I would never do that for many reasons already mentioned in this thread.

I agree. I have the Slee override switch and rarely use it.

Jim
Same. It's nice every once in awhile to engage when you don't want the truck to lower during a brief acceleration on a smooth stretch of dirt. Otherwise, I never use it.

Now an override that I could definitely use is for the height adjustment when the doors are open.

I did it and have a slight issue. With the wheel speed sensor wire cut I keep getting a C1776 code and when it throws the code the AHC stops working. So then I clear the code and AHC works again immediately. This happens once every couple weeks or so. Not a big deal because I don't need H that often and when I do I can just clear the code and know I'll be good to go for a while.

But I kind of regret doing this just because the more I think about it the more I realize there's really no benefit. If you are wheeling some big enough terrain that you need H you're probably going under 20mph anyway. If you're just on dirt roads or the beach or whatever and going over 20mph it's doubtful that those extra couple of inches H gives you is going to make any difference. Just my $0.02 based on the places I take my cruiser.

I think this mod really only makes sense if you're going to drive in H all the time and I would never do that for many reasons already mentioned in this thread.
Thanks for all the reply’s. Helps get my mind right with it. I am headed to an outer banks NC trip and feel like i would use the switch for this trip a lot keeping it in High while driving on beach. I would install a switch and would NOT just clip the wires. If you install a switch do you think you would get the code? Inprobably would not use a ton either just don’t want to install the switch and have a bunch of errors pop up right as I’m trying to head out on this trip.

Thanks for all the reply’s. Helps get my mind right with it. I am headed to an outer banks NC trip and feel like i would use the switch for this trip a lot keeping it in High while driving on beach. I would install a switch and would NOT just clip the wires. If you install a switch do you think you would get the code? Inprobably would not use a ton either just don’t want to install the switch and have a bunch of errors pop up right as I’m trying to head out on this trip.
Just wanted to chime in. I did this mod over a year ago and have not had any lights or codes come up. I also have to say that I hardly ever use the switch but it's just nice to have that option

Just wanted to chime in. I did this mod over a year ago and have not had any lights or codes come up. I also have to say that I hardly ever use the switch but it's just nice to have that option
Did you install a switch? It sounds like when you just clip the wires you could have problems. Otherwise this mod works well just doesn’t get a ton of use.

TZYZ, I did mean to ask if you used the generic double pile single throw switch or if you used the Slee AHC override switch with the circuit board.

Did you install a switch? It sounds like when you just clip the wires you could have problems. Otherwise this mod works well just doesn’t get a ton of

TZYZ, I did mean to ask if you used the generic double pile single throw switch or if you used the Slee AHC override switch with the circuit board.
The genetic switch, I'm the guy that made the install video.

What is the impact of this if you are stuck in LOW already? I am in Nicaragua and kinda stuck. Any shot of forcing it to Normal or High and locking that in?

This thing never goes above 30 mph, but LOW is not an option. Kinda screwed...

What is the impact of this if you are stuck in LOW already? I am in Nicaragua and kinda stuck. Any shot of forcing it to Normal or High and locking that in?

Did you do the mod? Maybe a bad switch or loose wires. Also check your fluid level. Maybe you have a leak and that would put it in low

No, if you're stuck in low already, this forced high mode mod will not help anything.

The forced high mode is a (IMO lazy) workaround to doing a proper sensor lift.

You've got a fundamental fault that needs to be worked out before you add additional stress to the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom