Hitch mount bike rack and slee bumper w/ swingout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I tried rack attach and at least on my Slee, it interferes with the hinge on the right swing out.

Maybe the driver swing mentioned above would work... need to look into that.

There is a photo above of the drivers side swing out of the rack attach. I’m fairly certain it would clear on the Jerry can side. I would really prefer passenger side swing on the Wilco if you are on the side of the road.
Also, to save some poor soul some effort, why specifically would the rack attach not work with the slee? I can't see any sort of interference... the license plate may get blocked, but that can be moved... did the owner give any specific reason? I really don't see any reason why I couldn't throw the rack attach into the receiver on my slee rear
Because the upper swing arm will interfere with the swing of the Slee swing out. Call them yourself. He specifically stated that it will not work with Slee bumper with dual swing outs.

I tried rack attach and at least on my Slee, it interferes with the hinge on the right swing out.

Maybe the driver swing mentioned above would work... need to look into that.

There is a photo above of the drivers side swing out of the rack attach. I have the Jerry’s and the tire swing. Ive emailed Wilco. At this point I’m willing to try about anything. My preference is not to add more weight to a swing out. Supposedly the spindles can handle #3500 but Slee ain’t saying. The Wilco is brutally expensive and the return policy kind of sucks. It would cost me somewhere around $200.00 to find out.

There is a photo above of the drivers side swing out of the rack attach. I’m fairly certain it would clear on the Jerry can side. I would really prefer passenger side swing on the Wilco if you are on the side of the road.

Because the upper swing arm will interfere with the swing of the Slee swing out. Call them yourself. He specifically stated that it will not work with Slee bumper with dual swing outs.

I learned the hardway... the way it looks in my driveway right now, I basically bought an 80 to use as my bike transport rig hahaha

Also Kuat makes there version of the Swing Arm called a Pivot. You can order if for either side.

The ONLY way I could get my Yakima Holdup to mount to my BIOR dual swingout bumper was to run a 4" drop receiver. Even then, the tire swingout BARELY clears the tire tray if and only if the rack is tilted in its downward position.

I'll be getting the BIOR rack this summer that mounts onto the swingarm itself and holds 2 bikes in a vertical orientation.

You got pics of a BIOR bumper set up with that bike carrier? What would you guess all in cost? I still have stock bumper and under spare tire... So, I'm looking!!
And what you are describing also carries spare tire? Other accessories? Thx for that info

You got pics of a BIOR bumper set up with that bike carrier? What would you guess all in cost? I still have stock bumper and under spare tire... So, I'm looking!!
And what you are describing also carries spare tire? Other accessories? Thx for that info

here’s my setup and the one I want

C4F71C28-750F-44B2-A18C-50120F656509.jpeg

6C872C28-3F9D-492A-95FF-75E3F94434A0.jpeg

Hmmmm, fork mount.... Would prefer two wheels somehow. Thank you for sharing that.

Hmmmm, fork mount.... Would prefer two wheels somehow. Thank you for sharing that.

Fork mount would be more secure when off-road though. Only issue is that you have to then stow the front wheels which is a pain.

Yep, truth. I've become really happy with wheel tray racks.... Going to figure out a way.
Thx

Yep, truth. I've become really happy with wheel tray racks.... Going to figure out a way.
Thx

I hear ya on that. Wheel tray racks are super easy to deal with. Generally, on my longer trips, I have the Yakima Holdup on my trailer which works out great. J

0AF38E33-7655-4799-98FF-86F9ED982FA6.jpeg

Wilco Off Road
09C11810-97F4-4A93-A76C-DCB975DBAA77.jpeg
5A2409FB-ABDC-4036-A747-161EFF746C2B.jpeg
9A7AEC46-A944-42E8-B707-81BE3CCE4206.jpeg
75893938-C6EF-4C05-B01C-0CC06A2E2FAC.jpeg
1A739A83-AC07-4B38-8689-CFB65B062F05.jpeg

What rear bumper is that? Wilco? Great stuff, exactly what I need, I understand it's pricey, and I can't afford it, but I'm considering it. My receiver currently is too low, drags on fairly tame angles, has to go. I want to replace bumper to include receiver hitch OR just raise the receiver hitch. From there I can consider the removable swing out for tire, bike rack, roto, etc. Thank you.

What rear bumper is that? Wilco? Great stuff, exactly what I need, I understand it's pricey, and I can't afford it, but I'm considering it. My receiver currently is too low, drags on fairly tame angles, has to go. I want to replace bumper to include receiver hitch OR just raise the receiver hitch. From there I can consider the removable swing out for tire, bike rack, roto, etc. Thank you.
If you don't need more than two bikes you'd be very happy with the Dissent option then. Second hitch on the swingout designed specifically to take a tray rack. Best to use the 1UP USA rack since the hitch is not perfectly centered and the rack lets the bikes sit off center a bit. Also, everything is nice and high so clearance is no issue.

IMG_5145.JPG

IMG_4998.JPG

It’s a Slee. I wasn’t excited about the cost either but there is no other option to retain use of your swing outs. When I travel with my bike I don’t want to have keep taking it on and off. Order the Wilco through Amazon. Free shipping if you’re a prime member. My bike rack is a cheapie from Amazon. A 4 place Swagman I think. It was maybe 200$ or so. It holds the bike well. He Wilco is top notch quality. It’s worth it.

Jonesy, So Slee dual swing out rear bumper(tire on pass side, Accessories on Drive) then WIlco swing attachment as well? And Wilco mounts on the Receiver hitch of the Slee? Just trying to get my head around your setup which looks awesome btw!

And Neil, your Dissent has the second Hitch already on their second swingout? I already have Yakima tray rack,(plus the extra two which I won't plan to use in this arrangement, just extends too far and weight maximums!) which does have some side to side adjustability on the trays, might work. Your setup also looks perfect for what I'm trying to do.

Also, you still using any of those Diamond Backs? Can't tell from your pics! I think I remember where your first pic was taken ;)

Jonesy, So Slee dual swing out rear bumper(tire on pass side, Accessories on Drive) then WIlco swing attachment as well? And Wilco mounts on the Receiver hitch of the Slee? Just trying to get my head around your setup which looks awesome btw!

And Neil, your Dissent has the second Hitch already on their second swingout? I already have Yakima tray rack,(plus the extra two which I won't plan to use in this arrangement, just extends too far and weight maximums!) which does have some side to side adjustability on the trays, might work. Your setup also looks perfect for what I'm trying to do.

Also, you still using any of those Diamond Backs? Can't tell from your pics! I think I remember where your first pic was taken ;)
Yes, i think thats the only way you can get them. Tire on passenger. I have the hitch that goes though the bumper and cross member and fasten to the frame raiIs. The standard Slee hitch wold probably work too. The Wilco allows you to pull a trail with the Wilco swing out on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom