Hitch mount bike rack and slee bumper w/ swingout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really wish someone (Slee!) would just weld a receiver into a swing out. There's a guy who has this setup on a 60 series and it looks like it works perfectly. It seems so simple but no one seems to want to do it.

I don't know about that. If I have all three family bikes in a rack I don't think the swing out would like that much.

I really wish someone (Slee!) would just weld a receiver into a swing out. There's a guy who has this setup on a 60 series and it looks like it works perfectly. It seems so simple but no one seems to want to do it.

I've been playing around with this idea.... I think it could be supplemented with a removable support piece in the main receiver. Kind of like how this thing works...
upload_2018-1-17_20-19-42.jpeg

Oy vey. I didn’t say i wanted it, just Would like to use that support concept to get the rack on the swing out

I thought I would state it for the record since it took some research and a few phone calls. Maybe save some other poor soul some effort. Oi Vey.

I thought I would state it for the record since it took some research and a few phone calls. Maybe save some other poor soul some effort. Oi Vey.

Also, to save some poor soul some effort, why specifically would the rack attach not work with the slee? I can't see any sort of interference... the license plate may get blocked, but that can be moved... did the owner give any specific reason? I really don't see any reason why I couldn't throw the rack attach into the receiver on my slee rear

I have BIOR rear bumper and Mike built an attachment that will mount two bike trays (Thule, Yakima, Kuat, whatever) vertically. Works great when you know you need easy access to the rear on a trip. Most of the time I just a 2 or 4 bike hitch mount Kuat.
This photo is the only one I can find with the BIOR attachment. You need to zoom in under the awning, past the Skottle...
I don't have it mounted up right now or I would upload a better photo. Sorry.

IMG_4551.JPG

I have BIOR rear bumper and Mike built an attachment that will mount two bike trays (Thule, Yakima, Kuat, whatever) vertically. Works great when you know you need easy access to the rear on a trip. Most of the time I just a 2 or 4 bike hitch mount Kuat.
This photo is the only one I can find with the BIOR attachment. You need to zoom in under the awning, past the Skottle...
I don't have it mounted up right now or I would upload a better photo. Sorry.

View attachment 1624659

I don't want to mess with taking my front wheel off and fiddling with adapters for different sized axles and hub spacing... (Boost, non boost, 15mm, 9mmQR, the list goes on....(Yeah, I know, I have too many bikes))

I'm not sure you'd need this, I don't think there is going to actually be any interference

this is the message that i got from RakAttach...

"There is going to be a clearance issue with the swing arm on your bumper and the RakAttach.
Even if we used a large size, the bumper wound hit the hinge.
Sorry we can't get you set up.
You could check with the bumper manufacturer and see if a bolt on receiver would work.
You may loose the camera...
thx!
walter"

So they'll definitely be interference. :-(

"There is going to be a clearance issue with the swing arm on your bumper and the RakAttach.
You could check with the bumper manufacturer and see if a bolt on receiver would work.
thx!
walter"

From looking at pictures of the RakAttach, it looks like there would be no interference... I honestly think they are just covering their a$$ to make sure you don't have issues. I would bet there would be zero interference...

Not sure if this helps, but I just got a Northshore Rack. I like how compact it is for being able to carry four bikes. It also allows access to tailgate window when folded up. It may work for your clearance issue. If you look in the pic, the rack mounts to the galvanized tubing that inserts into the hitch. There are extra holes to mount it so that it’s farther from the bumper. Here’s a couple pics.

084A5204-F716-4744-A5FD-95A4A16F359E.jpeg

77A1A18E-93BA-419E-A8D1-2536F039892D.jpeg

thx!
walter"

I just mounted a RakAttach (sold by 1-up USA now) to my Slee bumper. I got the large driver side swing out and have a 1-up rack mounted to it. It's bad arse and I can finally take bikes AND easily access the back of my truck. Not the cheapest combo but considering the cargo it carries, well worth the price. I'll post up some pics later today.

I just mounted a RakAttach (sold by 1-up USA now) to my Slee bumper. I got the large driver side swing out and have a 1-up rack mounted to it. It's bad arse and I can finally take bikes AND easily access the back of my truck. Not the cheapest combo but considering the cargo it carries, well worth the price. I'll post up some pics later today.

any pictures?? I'd love to see this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom