Hiney, A '72 FST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Back on with the tow bar and the aftermarket bumper. Gonna move down
I-5 a ways. Just notice I seem to have painted my house a matching Land Cruiser color. It was a purely subconcious decision, honest.
View attachment 2976324

This is the greener pasture. Indoors at last!
View attachment 2976337
I think there was a house included in the deal, but I wasn't really paying that much attention. Will see soon if retirement allows for actual progress, or not. Fingers crossed.

you had better come to your senses Keith and tell Mrs. Keith this is your new Snuggle Nest ! :beer::cool:

Well not indoors quite yet. The only April snow in 82 years.
20220411_094547.jpg

Last edited:
Matt,

Brrrrr. What can you tell me about that ladder? Is it, and the rack by Con-Ferr?

it and the roof rack were both KUSTOM , hand made by the PO ,

solid well built i may add

i would NEVER Drill 2 holes in anybody's 1/79 FJ55LG-KA 1 of ONLY 867 imported for the 79 modle year ........... this includes CANADA too / total north

America market's

no WAY JOSE not me :cool:

do u believe in Teq UNICORNS kieth ?

while taking this image with my JAPAN Spec. NIKON COOLPIX , i saw a real one , and now im a believer , as it flashed in front of me , it wild Spirt still on the loose after

so many long years ............

this is a TRUE STORY

Photos or it did not happen :

- i was forever endowed :
" NOW is time to SADDLE UP your Fleet of UNICORNS Keith " :cool::beer:.

- please do what ever it takes to secure that shop , you have earned it and deserve it , your NON-STOP Positive contributions selfless in nature , and our

- late night NOS parts Alerts 🚨 back and forth make me hope u indeed do
Realize Manifest Here ........

- if i can help in any way please call on me , i know construction , storm water management and a bit more Structure Engineering of the post and beams u have going on there ....:cool:

- i like what i saw , and nobody is more deserving then you my SOLID MUD BUDDY . :)

81kuaBPLj9L._SL1500_ - Copy.jpg

Screenshot_2019-06-21 VintageTEqParts com1.jpg

Thanks Matt. Well, the shop is secured. A mortgage says so, (as long as we keep up with it). There is the small matter of the flood zone, but the river hasn't reached the structure since its construction ~65 years ago. Close, but not yet. This is motivation to get and keep the trucks running so they can flee to high ground if necessary.

I'm thinking a no hole ladder with hooks and padded feet might be nice. Somebody must have a design. If only Skunk Works Man could design one!
(Skunk Works Man by day poses as a mild mannered humble Land Cruiser internet shop keeper for the Daily Vintage TEQ Planet. But by night he invents all sorts of s*** you didn't know you need, but do).

Last edited:
- i am so very very happy for you and Mrs. Keith congrats ! :D:beer::beer::beer:

- i will be supplying a HOUSE ..i mean Teq shop warming gift as soon as u settle .......

- some times a SKUNK-WORKS TECH Laboratory video can convey how happy i am for Mrs. Kitty and the Fleet ! 🤣

Needing to replace a busted aftermarket ignition switch. A prior 1971 truck of mine had this round type of ignition key.
20181126_214144 (1).jpg

Am happy to have found an NOS switch with round keys:
20221014_101111.jpg

I've been keeping an eye out for a local top but most folks (including this one) weren't willing to sell separate them from the trucks. This seller said no, but then reached out when a local buyer couldn't afford the whole truck. It's going to need a lot of work, but it's nearly all there. I kinda like the stripes.
20230402_153819.jpg

20230402_153936.jpg

20230402_153904.jpg

I've been keeping an eye out for a local top but most folks (including this one) weren't willing to sell separate them from the trucks. This seller said no, but then reached out when a local buyer couldn't afford the whole truck. It's going to need a lot of work, but it's nearly all there. I kinda like the stripes.
View attachment 3289293
View attachment 3289295
View attachment 3289294

If you for what ever reason Kieth nap on the job and pass-up this chance to fulfill your and Bonnie's destiny hear with that VLS you can now add to your Engine Bay DATA ID Plate model ID code bla.bla.. , like it was foreseen and written long ago on the TEq Sea Scrolls ... :idea:

this matter would weigh heavy on me for countless rotations to come ...:confused:

pick up your
FujitsuTEN phone i mailed you back in 13 , flip-open the display & OEM green illuminated square boxes , then do what must be done .....

matt :D

The side windows of the top seemed hopelessly clouded and I assumed I'd be shopping for glass. But in removing them, a surprise:
20230430_132611.jpg

The clouding is from old tinted film. Beneath that, clear glass.
No surprise for the rear window however.

Last edited:
The cap on the black top has a big skylight hole. Found this top that is solid, has great gutters and intact glass. Between the two I'll have the hardtop option in winters.
20230619_205731.jpg

Oh, and it was originally spring green.

Last edited:
Found an older box trailer for camping. Didn't know much but that I liked it. Turns out it's from a company very much in business, Ruger. Being beige, I think it will look good behind this truck.
20231113_135355.jpg

20231113_135506.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom