highest mileage cruisers out there (original engines) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

199k miles on my '97 now. Has pinged on premium fuel for at least 60k miles. Uses about 1 qt of oil every 1k miles if driven on the highway. On the engine, I've only changed the starter/plugs/wires/dizzy cap/filters/VSV/hoses/belts. Everything other than the VSV and starter were just PM. Could use a new valve cover gasket. One of these days I'll find someone I trust to do the head gasket. Hopefully a good cleaning will take care of the ping. Other than the ping on warm days (which seems to have no effect but annoying me) purrs like a kitten.

Now at 238,xxx miles, did the HG and PHH (twice), all hoses, belts, etc. Recently drove cross-country from North Andover, Mass., through Phoenix (to pick up some stuff) to Sacramento, towing a U-Haul trailer. Absolutely no issues. Uses 1 quart of oil every 2,500 miles or so. Still has the battery that it had when I bought it 7 years and 110,xxx miles ago!
Ned

'96 LX450 160k miles. original two owners maintained lexus dealer certification and babied it.

PHH and pwr steering hoses replaced as PM at 155K.
Original HG and radiator.
Lots of random EGR codes, clear the ECU and then it comes back a few K miles later.
I made the front/rear bumper
slee sliders
285's
factory lockers

Truck runs perfect.

Taking it on a several hundred mile expedition wheeling trip this weekend....

lx.jpg

How does your custom power antenna retract:hillbilly:?

191k, nothin' but PM and it still runs perfect (albeit sounding like a manic typewriter and running rich)

I've got a 1997 CE with 201,000. No major repairs, just PM. I actually over heated it 2 years ago by driving ~4 miles without water pump belts (don't ask) and the head gasket is still holding.

My uncle just moved to Ohio with his '96... Had 210k on it (headgasket and PHH were replaced two years ago though, runs awesome nonetheless)

93 with 245K still running great...

1993 FZJ80 with 245,000ish on it. I say ish because the speedo was broken for quite a while ...

Great truck no problems so far only PM and routine maintenance.
IMG_2815.jpg

1996 1HDT turbo diesel = 407,000 km

Just regular maintenance.

212k on my 95.

96 FZJ80
Got the truck when I was 18 with 172,XXX or something like that...now im 20 has 211,000miles
Repairs:
Rotors
power steering pump
u- joints at 210,XXX
Belts

Needs Work:
Valve adjustment

Attempting to get to the point where I do all work myself.

278k on my 93. Just tore it apart to rebuild the front axle and get the steering box rebuilt. Did the PHH, rebuilt the starter, replaced the radiator and hoses, and that's about it. HG replaced at 180ish by the PO.

1993 w/ 250K
Head gasket and pm as far as I know.

288,000 for BROWN-BROWN

Picks for ya

DSC05024.jpg

DSC05026.jpg

and thats not km's but those long american miles

Coming up on 350k on mine, looks like the head gasket finally went on me today.

Original 94

Currently 212, 834 miles. Don't drive it as much over the last few years. Pictures: John

Attachments

• 94 Window Sticker021.pdf
    830.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 94 Service History022.pdf
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 205

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom