HD Roofrack clamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Website
www.tallowpot.com
HD Roofrack clamps--FREE SHIPPING TO CONUS & HI!!

These are to help people who want to make their own roofrack and don't want the flimsy gutter clamps available commercially. These are heavy duty gutter clamps intended for hard use. Go here to purchase today. They are in stock and ready for shipment.

To quote a few mud buyers about these things:
askeyey said:
Just got mine in the mail. The box weighed more than my entire old roof rack! I though these were for my truck, not for attaching the space shuttle to a 747! They rock! Can't wait to get them installed and fab up the rest of my custom RTT. These are gonna kick ass!

moiremusic said:
Just received my 8 clamps today. For anyone attempting to justify the cost to themselves, let me tell you that these are probably the last roofrack clamps you will ever need to buy. I'm pretty sure I'll wear out a lifetime of roofracks and still be using the same clamps. Very pleased, and very glad I didn't go with a cheap commercial option.

These clamps are made in the USA, the main item is made of 3/16" HRPO steel, the other two details are 10 GA(0.130") Cold Rolled Steel. Each clamp comes with the hardware seen in the picture.
Two 3/8-16 bolts
5 3/8 flat washers
5 3/8 lock washers
3 3/8-16 nuts
all grade 5 clear zinc

The brackets are available bare or powdercoated in a partial -gloss black, polyester outdoor powder which is very durable to abrasion and the elements. These clamps are heavy duty and work on most vehicles with a rain gutter. They work on all FJ40's, Fj60's and FJ/FZJ80's.

**As of 3-1-09** Go Here to buy. Shipping is included in the prices on the website. Paypal links abound. PM me with any problems.
DSC_0384.JPG
DSC_0387.JPG
DSC_0388.JPG

Last edited:
Travel

how tall are these clamps?

I really need something in the 4 1/2" to 5" range

cliNt

I hit the center of my FJ60's roof when I tried to use a 4.5" off-brand clamp. This due to the curvature of the roof. As you can see in the photos, the range is 5 1/8" to 5 7/8". If you really wanted lower than that and wanted to buy 6 of these, for a few extra buck I could have the obround slots that are used for adjustment milled out to allow for more adjustment. These are behind the nuts in the third picture. Could probably get another 3/8" travel up or down. Or you could do it yourself for no extra $$$. LMK.
DSC00703.JPG
DSC00704.JPG
DSC_0386.JPG

Price Clarification

Check most recent post for pricing.

Last edited:
2 sets of six left.

Will these be available down the road, like in a couple of months? Or was there just one run of these made?

This was one run made right now. That doesn't mean they won't be available at any given time, they just won't be able for immediate shipment at this price. The per piece price would go thru the roof if they were to be purchased individually.

If I need to place another order for a few folks, I'd be happy to do it again.

I'll take a set, send me a PM with your paypal info for set of six. These will work on my 83 BJ42 and hold good correct?

Rob

PM sent.

They will fit any vehicle with a rain gutter. Built very stout.
Cross mounts coming soon...

Any details on the cross-mounts ?

any more details on cross mounts? any brackets left?>

Brackets and Cross-bars

Still have 14 brackets left.

2 sets of 6 and 2 individual. I will box up any amount you want. See post #4 for prices.

The cross bar mounts are being quoted right now. They will be made out of either 14GA(0.074") Cold Rolled Steel and powdercoated, or there may be versions made of 0.100" aluminum and powdercoated. All depends on the cost. Right now the idea is to have something that covers from FJ40's to UZJ100's in length, instead of making 3 or 4 different lenghts.

I will have proto pictures up by 11-23-07 of the crossbars.

PM me with any questions.

Thanks.

Where are those cross-bar pictures ???

Here are the pictures...

Here are the pictures of the cross-bar prototypes.
They will probably be model specific, but the benefit of that is that it will limit the amount of hangover that may happen when placed on an FJ40 vs. an FJ60.

I will be getting prices in the next couple of days.

Questions, comments, give me a pm.

*Updated pictures from production run*
This one is of the 62" on an fj80

The 62" ones are for the fj40.
6280.JPG

Last edited:
Here are the pictures...

Here are the pictures of the cross-bar prototypes. I am standing on one that was quickly put on for these pictures. I weigh 200lbs, to give some sort of reference.
They will probably be model specific, but the benefit of that is that it will limit the amount of hangover that may happen when placed on an FJ40 vs. an FJ60.

I will be getting prices in the next couple of days.

Questions, comments, give me a pm.

*1/15/08 Updated pics for the production suff*
1st--53" for fj60
2nd--53" for fj80
3rd--62" for fj60
5360.JPG
5380.JPG
6260.JPG

Last edited:
groucho,

The crossbar you were standing on, is that for the 80? Do you have a price on each cross bar yet. The gutter mount bracket looks like the one at ORU.

these are bad a$$ clamps, i've seen them in person :D
heavy duty for sure............you think i made them :doh::lol::lol:

Do you have any of these clamps left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom