highest mileage cruisers out there (original engines) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

175k hg, couple of hoses, starter contacts, lots of brakes.
Drive the wheels off of it, in the snow more than not.
I might change the plugs someday...

My brothers Lexus 1996 LX450 has 263,xxx on it and it runs flawless. Overall it's a decent truck besides the oil pump cover leaking badly and some rust around the rear hatch. To our knowledge the HG has never been done, nor has the PHH which I'm about to do it for him as it's driving me crazy...

'95 with 185K - burns oil (more than I'd like). Just PM and an PHH. A few starter rebuilds, a crappy Toyota replacement PS pump (lasted 1 year before being as bad as the factory installed one).

I'm sure I've put about 47 sets of brake pads on the truck, and one set of front rotors, due to metal-on-metal contact. Original head gasket. Tranny still shifts well and no leaks.

Still rollin

303k daily driver

210K 97 40th anniv. Sage... Bought her last year from a shady lot, no records :ban:... Seems lake a HG job was done at some point. I have only out less than 500 miles on her since I bought her. :p She is in a better home now...

95 FZJ80 @ 175K, second owner. I plan on running it until I die or it does. Runs great with standard maintenance and 2 fuel pumps replaced. 2nd one was only because the dealer service screwed me on the 1st replacement they claim they did.

234,000 on the way to goal of 500,000.
Original motor, Original Tranny, no HG replacement nor is one planned. Knock on wood substance loudly here!!........

Anyone out there rolled over 500,000 yet?

201k, original HG and trans, engine has solid compression and I am hoping to get another 50k before needing a HG/rebuild :D

1993 FZJ80 - 226K bought at 224K. Radiator, power steering, water pump, alternator all replaced recently. Looks like the valve cover has been re-sealed, and upon further inspection it looks like the transfer case seals are not the original. There is no indication that the HG or the timing chain have been done. I drove about three others over various years before deciding on this one, the main factor was how well the engine ran, and the others I test drove had less miles and seemed a little sluggish. So obviously this one had been fairly well maintained. Although no records as previous owner did his own work. It's my wife's car primary vehicle to romp around town in the snow with, and with the massive ARB grill on it she can plow through the deer that seem to love running in front of us. Looks like she needs new rear shocks (both leaking) and I'm looking forward to rebuilding my front end after some idiots decided to add gear oil in the front hubs (still torqued about that one).

'96 FZJ80 170,000 miles. Power steering pump at 152K, radiator and fan clutch just a few months after that, front end job at 150K. PO put in PHH and I put in the PHH bypass recently. Regular PM. No HG issues (yet!). Runs great.

Last edited:
White 97 208,000 original hg, front axle service, normal pm that's it. 97 Collectors Edition 248,000, original hg (I believe), supercharged, front axle service, normal pm that's it. Gotta pm those head gaskets before they get me.

1995 389,000 Second owner. Got it last summer. Good shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom