highest mileage cruisers out there (original engines) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1992 3FE original engine, transmission, etc +10% more for the larger tires
IMG_4541.JPG

All stock. Original engine, transmission, transfer case. Just bought it from the original owner ... w/ 13+ yrs service records. THANK TOU MUD AND JEFF !!

4FB118E3-ED93-444D-BF64-E2919D73BCEB.jpeg

26C9244E-DD0C-4495-8025-4CA10768D47B.jpeg

912B2F95-B7F6-4A64-A8CA-108EB35B9919.png

A6A064F2-74B6-4982-9979-EFFFF6B04B72.jpeg

48788F77-DF54-4559-B618-E4BFF17D4007.jpeg

I wouldn't dare invoke karma by answering this. lol

396k... I did pm head gasket.

As of today, my 80 is sitting at 664357 km on the original 1hz motor fitted when the vehicle was built in march 1992.

I know of a 1991 80 with over 700 k km's on it's original motor.

Craig.

I'm floating around 360Kish, to the best of my maths. The bump to 305s threw the speedo/odometer off a tad. Original lump, with head gasket & usual PMs done.

I've got one with aprox 500K on it. The odometer quit in the mid 300k range, but based on the 100 mile daily commute the rig rig was used for and the length of time it was used, totally aside from the trail and non commute miles, it has busted 500K. It has been running with a bit of rod knock on start up for 250K. Previous owner ran it dry and after a quick bearing replacement, one of the rods was (obviously) a bit put of tolerance. After another 250K the knock has started to get bad enough to tell us "fix me now or you are gonna be sorry".. The rig has been thoroughly rehab'd and is currently in amazing condition (perfect interior, 90+% exterior, OME lift, ARB/Slee bumpers, winch, snorkel and of course it has the Elockers). Getting a replacement engine finally in a couple of months. Other than the knock the engine is in great shape. Half tempted to turn the crank and leave the rest alone and keep it as a spare! Okay, only half tempted. At this mileage it will get the full treatment before it ever goes into another rig. ;)

Other than that one, for my on the road and trail '80s... one just over just over 300K one just under 300K, and two in the 250K range.

Mark...

I've got one with aprox 500K on it. The odometer quit in the mid 300k range, but based on the 100 mile daily commute the rig rig was used for and the length of time it was used, totally aside from the trail and non commute miles, it has busted 500K. It has been running with a bit of rod knock on start up for 250K. Previous owner ran it dry and after a quick bearing replacement, one of the rods was (obviously) a bit put of tolerance. After another 250K the knock has started to get bad enough to tell us "fix me now or you are gonna be sorry".. The rig has been thoroughly rehab'd and is currently in amazing condition (perfect interior, 90+% exterior, OME lift, ARB/Slee bumpers, winch, snorkel and of course it has the Elockers). Getting a replacement engine finally in a couple of months. Other than the knock the engine is in great shape. Half tempted to turn the crank and leave the rest alone and keep it as a spare! Okay, only half tempted. At this mileage it will get the full treatment before it ever goes into another rig. ;)

Other than that one, for my on the road and trail '80s... one just over just over 300K one just under 300K, and two in the 250K range.

Mark...
500k is impressive, but 250k with rod knock is even more impressive. Awesome.

500k is impressive, but 250k with rod knock is even more impressive. Awesome.

My thoughts too! For a while I intended to go back in and tear the engine down for a proper fix. But at some point I decided to purposely see just what it would take. I never expected it to hold up that ling. Quite a testament to Toyota engineering!

The rig was never abused but it was neglected to the extreme in terms of maintenance. Eventually wound up parked for a couple of years since I had other rigs to drive and no time to get around to working on it. I recently sold it to a good friend and we started going through it. Decided that since the engine was STILL ticking we would address the other maintenance and upgrade issues first. She is a sweet rig now. He treats her like she is new... knock and all. It will kinda feel a little sad to toss the new engine in her. But it will be far from sad to think that she is ready for another 500K (and more!)

I’d like to know what happened to the rigs with 250k on them in 2006-2007 earlier in this thread! I’ve got a 1994 with 138k on it and this thread makes me optimistic.

326K miles on my '94. Just had the windshield replaced, new u-joints and I replaced power steering cooler hoses. Everything nice and dry now except for a small TC leak. Over the years I've done a lot of maintenance but nothing done to the internals. I change the oil every 5K miles. Bought her in 2001 and she's still my baby!

1994 with 330,000 and still running strong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom