highest mileage cruisers out there (original engines) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My motor, trans and xfer are working on the 2nd chassis, 211K. She rode just fine on her new rails when I drove it home 200 miles today. :cheers:

1996 136,000, new starter motor and regular maintenance. Bit of a repeat prob that 'ol starter motor!

96 w/140K

No important things. Did belts and distributor and plugs as PM around 100. Did birfields late at about 95 when clicking. Had the Egr code in the past 15k and fixed it. Replaced the starter with a rebuilt one after it stuck a llittle bit at around 92k. Have the old one and the contacts now to rebuild that one, which I need to get around to!

1996 with 169,700 miles. New starter at 137,000. regular PM with new plugs, every 40,000 miles, BG 44 every year, regular changing of fluids, new PS brake caliper, some other minor stuff

RUNS EXCELLENT

Also have a 97 LX450 with 106,000 and I honestly can not tell a difference between the two as far as how they drive

Both are very solid

My "Green Monster" at 151K with nothing repaired except for the roof and left bodywork, and a paint job. I didn't roll it, someone else did!
Ran to Crown King on the rough trails on Mothers' Day, and up to Vegas the next week. I run it hard and let God wash it. The truck is great!

thanks fore the welcome:flipoff2::flipoff2:
faroe island is between iceland and norway

93 with 250,000, runs perfect doesent burn a drop of oil. the only things that have been done:

head gasket
phh
pm
and some belts everything else is original:grinpimp:

1fz, 360k kilometers (225k miles)

Just pulled a 1hz diesel from a toyota bus with 730k kilometers on it (456k miles). What I thought was interesting is this motor is a 1hz-b, considered to be somewhat weaker than the older silver top 1hz's. It was still running, but compression was low.

91 3FE 225000kms (139500 miles) Just had to rebuild motor and tranny!!!
Everything on the motor has been replaced over the years.

340000kms 4.5 ltr petrol done head gasket and alt and thats all thats been done

223K miles on my '94. Bought at 129K in 1999. AFIK, orig HG. Converted to Amsoil 100% synthetic 10W-30 with dual remote bypass system @ 130K. Replace both bypass and full flow oil filters twice a year. Drain & refill oil @ 163K,189K,217K (approx 30K interval)

In 94K miles engine maintenance:

2 batteries, 146K & 214K;
2 starters (NAPA lifetime warranty), 152K & 215K;
replaced spark plugs 156K;
replaced alternator brushes 184K;
replaced PHH & and all radiator & heater hoses 212K;
replace all fan belts (3) 217K;
replace thermostat 222K

310K miles = 498,896.64KM
Original,.. plug wires,.. HG,.. everything Orig. Scary part?... while the engine is covered in oil, she's been parked on my concrete pad for a few weeks,.. no drips.
She scares me.

Bill
TLCA#7390

237K miles

HG done, birfs, PHH.. lots of pm by previous owner. Drove it 6000km last fall without issue. Doesnt seem to burn oil either.

As for leaks, if you look underneath everything is covered in oil but like bill said above no oil spots in the driveway. I figure its undercoating itself.

D

265,000km - 165,000 mi
orig HG and clutch
new radiator at 255,000
new rear diff (3rd) at 260,000

otherwise just normal maintainance

Weird to see so many HG failures in USA, whereas in Oz an HG failure is a rarity, same with the PHH

Weird to see so many HG failures in USA, whereas in Oz an HG failure is a rarity, same with the PHH

The 1FZ you got in Oz is spec'ed differently than the ones we received here which might explain some things about HG failures on ours here.

Hypothesis 1: EGR valve placement at back of head pumping high heat to #6 cylinder area (most common failure point)

Hypothesis 2: You guys received different HG's with different material

Hypothesis 3: Poor maintenance from PO's.

Hypothesis 4: Oz trucks are way cooler than the mall queens we got here.

:)

Mine: turned 213K last week. Lots of new things/rebuilt things/new top end/bottom end original/new HG @ 197K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom