highest mileage cruisers out there (original engines) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

194k, normal maintenance, original HG... besides burning some oil, runs better than most SUV's with half the mileage.

240K on a 94 don't know if the HG was ever redone but reg maint was good no leaks. Got it 2 weeks ago.

'91 HDJ80 with 224k miles,still going on.

Just turned 330,000 mi on my cross country trip. The last long trip the radiator started leaking. This trip I made it to Kansas and I had to top off the oil and spilled some. Had to return to Denver and there was oil everywhere. I hosed if off and remembered that I spilled so I headed East again. In Kansas again there was oil leaking again but this time it was from the oil pump cover on the front of the motor. I fixed it about 100,000 mi ago. As it was just dripping I went on with my CO to PA to ID and back to CO so if you see any drips on the road, it was from me :eek:

294,000 with the HG replaced a very very long time ago, and I just replaced the valve cover gasket yesterday that I found out during dismantle that a couple of bolts were loose, replaced anyway.

91 with 85k miles. All good.

I have 348,000 on my 1993. It is still running strong and does not seem to use any oil. I was planning on a diesel conversion soon but I might have to see how long the 1FZFE lasts before I convert it.

1991 FJ80

288,000 Miles

No major engine repairs just new water pump, radiator, alternator, and valve cover gasket. I need to replace rear main oil seal but that has been leaking for the last 5 years. Not loosing enough oil to make me change it yet. I figure it is just acting as undercoating WORKS GREAT. STILL RUNNING STRONG!!!

215k miles with original HG. 160 compression even across the board, does not burn oil and runs great.

wow! I'm kinda surprised...I thought we'd see more crazy miles. I figured mine was gonna be too low to post. ha. I'm rockin a 97 40th with 233k miles. No HG or PHH stuff as far as I know. I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty and learning an invaluable skill with this vehicle as the money equips me. So far new spark plugs and wires is all I've contributed, but I just bought some belts and will change them very soon. This place is the best! You guys are completely awesome.

I think the lack of crazy miles (like on the old 4runners and pickups of the 80s) is because well, the FJ80 started in the early 90s and people probably didnt drive them that much (typical owner, not us). In relation to the average worker who would drive the more affordable 4Runner/Pickup that is. Just my thought. But I always remember seeing 1980s 4Runners and Pickups everywhere (the beach, mountains, snow, etc). Half the time they had tools and stuff in the beds. But this was in California mostly. Here in Texas I always see the dodge and ford diesel pickups as work vehicles.

288k on the ticket and performing new HG job. I have no clue on if the old one was the original. Just about everything else looks like it though.

215K with just normal PM. Original head gasket

94' w/ 280k ... regular maintenance stuff and I would assume original HG.

'96 LX450 160k miles. original two owners maintained lexus dealer certification and babied it.

PHH and pwr steering hoses replaced as PM at 155K.
Original HG and radiator.
Lots of random EGR codes, clear the ECU and then it comes back a few K miles later.
I made the front/rear bumper
slee sliders
285's
factory lockers

Truck runs perfect.

Taking it on a several hundred mile expedition wheeling trip this weekend....

lx.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom