High Mileage Record (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this thread is inspired by a post by RockDoc concerning miles racked up and/or causes leading to some major engine work. i searched the archives and found a lot of folks who have >200k, but some had had some major engine work prior to this point, or others are still going strong with the stock motor completely intact with no major engine work whatsoever. so now for my query...

what's the highest mileage anyone's ever gotten on their stock 2F, (i.e. head and block never been apart,) before any type of major engine overhaul was needed. this may be a lame question but i'm just curious...

as an aside, i've never owned a car with less than 100k miles...i tend to get lured in by cars that "need a little work," or are "mechanic's specials."

thanks in advance for any replies.

215-P1050374.JPG

2F was rebuilt at 381,800 miles.

http://www.weltrekordreise.ch/a_storye_repair-miri.html

There used to be a guy on this forum who was an original owner with over 400k on an unmolested motor. Not too shabby!

My 2F has only 215k, but it runs and drives perfectly. No reason to think it won't go 300k or more. Oil use is about 1 qt between changes.

Only work my engine has ever had was new alternators and a new water pump that was installed at 208K miles. No mechanical work and the tranny has never been touched aside from changing the ATF and pulling the pan for inspections. I'm at 232K miles now, with full compression and the infamous Cruiser "clunk" is barely noticeable, though it is there.

Oh and my 87 FJ-60 has 256,000 all original 2f. However it runs crappy(well it got some vac leaks, and the manifold(s) need to be done) and burns oil. The PO was a POS, and treated it like s***!

Zack

Oh and my 87 FJ-60 has 256,000 all original 2f. However it runs crappy(well it got some vac leaks, and the manifold(s) need to be done) and burns oil. The PO was a POS, and treated it like s***!

Zack

Check the link, Zack... it's a 1982 FJ60 with a 2F engine.. I feel insulted! :flipoff2:

Are you guys accounting for the odometer being off since most of us are running 31 or 33s?
If you have 33s, you're really going 120K when the odometer reads 100K.
It would be difficult to calculate true miles for me - but I'm just breaking her in at 87K on the odo.

86' fj60 bought at 150,000 rebuilt at 195,000 for no other reason than I thought it needed one, to find out that a bearing in the crankshaft was about to give out, leading to engine disaster if left alone, intuition....maybe, but Taken care of I know I can get another 200,000+ out of her.

232,xxx miles but supposedly the head may have been off at one point in time... i cant really find much evidence to support that claim so i meerly assume that it hasnt.

she burns a little and leaks a little oil and has some piston slap but runs great! I beat the hell out of her too I would still think i can hit 300,000+ before having to do anything major but i dont think the motor will be in there that long esp. if i find a diesel at a catchy price (have a few ideas im pondering on in that dept.)

close to 200k

not yet 200k,i'm at 196k right now but i could feel that will go past 200 with no problem,i'm the 3rd owner.the 2nd owner have owned it since 40k.no mention of any engine work,have all thr reciepts fom the 2 previous owner. john:cool:

Pulled the 2f at 261k and replaced with SBC. When I pulled the original she had bad rings in 2 holes and was in need of a valve job but other than that everything else looked like she had another 200k in her. I am at tleast the 4th owner that I know of and have no idea what the maint looked like before I got my hands on her but there was no evidence of the engine ever being opened up in any way. Seems to me that at this point these 2f's are averageing in this neighborhood with no problems at all. 250K seems like a respectable number if you ask me. Hell, I'll be TOTALLY STOKED to get 200k out of my SBC build.

249,XXX on a 3FE and it is still running like a champ. Only work done is the PM and replacing alternators and such.

300k before I rebuilt, Only really needed a cam. I only rebuilt it for credit at tech school.

My 2F had 227K when I pulled it for a diesel swap. Someone bought it to put in his FJ60 so it's back in service. Ran fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom