FJ60 idling high (how to fix) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

popomedic

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey all,

A weeks ago my FJ60 began idling at 2000 rpm’s from start up, and maintained throughout my drive. Then, at about 10 miles into my drive the clutch pedal completely went lifeless and fluid was leaking from the clutch.

I replaced the Master & slave cylinder and the clutch is now up and running again just fine but she’s still maintaining 2k rpm’s. Even if I press on the gas at idle and raise it to 3k rpm’s, it will maintain 3k rpm’s without dropping.

I’m not sure if this idling problem is what caused my clutch to fail, or what. Not sure if it is a vaccum leak? Or maybe an issue with the throttle? For further reference she has a Holly Sniper EFI.

I’m new to this forum and a new owner of this 83’ FJ60 & I’m here to learn.

Thank you

I ran into an issue with my Lokar cable fraying on my Sniper setup which caused exactly that concern.

IMG_4910.jpeg

IMG_4913.jpeg

IMG_4911.jpeg

Very confused but looks like the throttle cable was deleted and moved up here?
View attachment 3537089
I can’t figure out what’s going on with the zip tie pic, but this pic is normal. The OEM rod/linkage setup is removed when the carb is taken off. The new cable is then run from the pedal to the sniper. That is a lokar cable, same brand that gave me issues.
Edit: I figured out the zip tie pic. Whoever did it did it differently than I did but if it works it works.
Can you put your foot behind the pedal and pull “up” and get the idle to come down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom