High idle, 88 fj62 help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. If you saw my last posts I was struggling with high idle and multiple codes being thrown. I fixed all my codes and checked my vacuum lines, however I am still idling very high. In neutral I am sitting at about 1500 rpm. Not sure where to start. Was thinking a tune up might do the trick. Any thoughts?

Check the obvious stuff? Throttle cable?

Did you brakeleen the vacuum lines?

Check the obvious stuff? Throttle cable?

Did you brakeleen the vacuum lines?
Checked throttle cable and I made a motor smoker and sent the smoke through the lines to determine if they were leaking. There was a leak at the egr valve. I replaced it but there was no change in the idle.

I've had a few things besides the throttle cable affect my idle, the TPS, the water temp sensor, and the AC being engaged/disengaged. You might need to replace/adjust the TPS if your kickdown cable is within the FSM spec. I'd also try to get a bearing on the idle when the truck is fully warmed up.

I've had a few things besides the throttle cable affect my idle, the TPS, the water temp sensor, and the AC being engaged/disengaged. You might need to replace/adjust the TPS if your kickdown cable is within the FSM spec. I'd also try to get a bearing on the idle when the truck is fully warmed up.
I'll look into these things. Thanks

Question for you. I noticed you talk about the IAC in your post. Is this the idle air control. I can't find that in my manual. Are you talking about the idle speed control? It shows that as the piece that's right in front of the throttle body in my manual
Don't have my manual handy at the moment. Found this vid where the guy removes it... not the best vid because he doesn't test it per the manual. But removal and testing are pretty easy.

Don't have my manual handy at the moment. Found this vid where the guy removes it... not the best vid because he doesn't test it per the manual. But removal and testing are pretty easy.

Awesome. Thank you. I'll try this in the morning! (per the FSM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom