Headlight washer/sprayer leaking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks. I went ahead with using RTV, after some thought. What I did was pull the plunger up and stuck a finish nail across to keep it extended an inch or so. Then I *very carefull* put a schmear of RTV down in that groove where the O-ring sits, using a cotton swab. Put it all together, and I'm gonna let it sit overnight like that to make sure the RTV is cured, then put it all back together. If it's still leaking, I'll just get a new one.

The one posted above has a 6 week delivery time now. I also found this one:

Amazon product ASIN B07ZHS73MZ
A little more $$, but it can be here in 3-4 days.

The harness thing is really annoying. I have an idea I'm working on tonight that will hopefully deter them from coming back. Meanwhile the ultrasonic devices are in the trash, the snap traps & peanut butter are coming back out.
Good strategy with the RTV. If it works please post so people have options.
I’ve seen some very clever water-in-bucket traps that can kill lots of mice continuously. If I ever have problems with them where I live it’s gonna be a scorched earth strategy for sure. I’m decent at doing wiring repairs but that doesn’t mean I want to do them.

Hey all, my body colored cap came off - Dog went around the car and leash got underneath it and popped it off. I tried to put it back on but it just shoots off now when I wash. Any idea what the bottom of that body cap/nozzle is supposed to look like? I'm not sure if it is broken or the washer unit.

Hey all, my body colored cap came off - Dog went around the car and leash got underneath it and popped it off. I tried to put it back on but it just shoots off now when I wash. Any idea what the bottom of that body cap/nozzle is supposed to look like? I'm not sure if it is broken or the washer unit.
Did you pull out the inner sprayer assembly against the spring then pop the cap on while it is extended? If not I don’t think the cap will catch the retaining tabs.

My second picture shows the bottom of the cap, and in the small windows you can see the retaining tabs protruding through. I’d give yours a close look and see if any of that isn’t like mine.

Thanks. I went ahead with using RTV, after some thought. What I did was pull the plunger up and stuck a finish nail across to keep it extended an inch or so. Then I *very carefull* put a schmear of RTV down in that groove where the O-ring sits, using a cotton swab. Put it all together, and I'm gonna let it sit overnight like that to make sure the RTV is cured, then put it all back together. If it's still leaking, I'll just get a new one.

The one posted above has a 6 week delivery time now. I also found this one:

Amazon product ASIN B07ZHS73MZ
A little more $$, but it can be here in 3-4 days.

The harness thing is really annoying. I have an idea I'm working on tonight that will hopefully deter them from coming back. Meanwhile the ultrasonic devices are in the trash, the snap traps & peanut butter are coming back out.
Did you try this part? It it a Toyota part like the other one linked that has a longer delivery time?

EiyCZkC.jpg

Did you try this part? It it a Toyota part like the other one linked that has a longer delivery time?

EiyCZkC.jpg

I didn't buy the part, apparently my ghetto-fix with RTV is still holding (so far).

Yall think I should try the YHTAuto model from amazon that @KLF linked for $55? Or OEM from Partsouq for $117? The one linked on p.1 is a different part number, I guess for an '08.

Same exact issue, drivers side is leaking badly for hours after using them for the first and only time.
Gonna get both sides warrantied i guess to be sure.

Are the part numbers all the same or was this never resolved from T?

Same exact issue, drivers side is leaking badly for hours after using them for the first and only time.
Gonna get both sides warrantied i guess to be sure.

Are the part numbers all the same or was this never resolved from T?
Part number was never superceded, that I can find.

And yours has different numbers for the actuators, per my quick look at the diagrams. Seems all years of LX were the same.

Part number was never superceded, that I can find.

And yours has different numbers for the actuators, per my quick look at the diagrams. Seems all years of LX were the same.

Well see if i get to keep my old ones then i will disassemble them and post some photos.
Wondering if they failed in the same spot yours did and what any differences may be if any outside of shape/length or whatever bumper conformity there is.

@bloc

That 10mm bolt seems unreachable. Did you remove or undo anything else to reach it?

View attachment 3273393
Yours looks worse to access than mine, possibly on account of it being pre-facelift.

I do remember needing to have the handle of the wrench pointed toward the other side of the vehicle to be able to actually swing it. I wonder if you do that the open end will grab the top of the bolt head enough to get it moving.

Yeah I'd tried that with a short open ended wrench, but just couldn't get in there. I'll give it another shot.
Dealer wants over $1k to replace everything, parts and labor. So might just try to pinch off the feed line.

Yeah I'd tried that with a short open ended wrench, but just couldn't get in there. I'll give it another shot.
Dealer wants over $1k to replace everything, parts and labor. So might just try to pinch off the feed line.
Pulling the bumper skin is really not that hard to do on your driveway. That’ll give you full access. Having a helper is a bonus but not required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom