@@@ - Harrop E-Locker on a 460 (LC Prado Kakadu trim) - https://cruiserbrothers.com/harrop-elockers/ - (2 Viewers)

Do you plan to install front/rear locker(s) on your 460?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

r2M: Yeah.... I will be steering clear of the knee airbag. I thought about a switch panel but really wanted to include the old school 100 series switch too. Good use info. Thanks!

trdcorolla & Tastethesoup : picture & operation below of switch..

mt72: What year Trooper? My father still has his '93 he bought new

I will link video of how the switch operates... it has a spring loaded piece you push inward before you can depress it.

View attachment 2639333View attachment 2639334View attachment 2639335View attachment 2639336

Funny you mention the 100 series switch, When I added the front locker to it (it already came with the factory rear e-locker) I sourced an 80 series rotating locker switch from an 80 series that had both front and rear factory lockers. Using this I was able to have full stock Toyota functionality of an 90 series on my 100!
Here is a link to my 100 series relating to that factory front AND rear locker knob: Where under the hood did you mount your CKMA12 ARB Compressor? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/where-under-the-hood-did-you-mount-your-ckma12-arb-compressor.766037/#post-9068518
Post #19

r2M: Yeah.... I will be steering clear of the knee airbag. I thought about a switch panel but really wanted to include the old school 100 series switch too. Good use info. Thanks!

trdcorolla & Tastethesoup : picture & operation below of switch..

I will link video of how the switch operates... it has a spring loaded piece you push inward before you can depress it.

It would be hard to accidentally activate this but curious prying hands have me concerned.

View attachment 2639333View attachment 2639334View attachment 2639335View attachment 2639336

Thanks for the pictures/video, is there a indicator light in the triangle pointer thing on the switch?

Thanks for the pictures/video, is there a indicator light in the triangle pointer thing on the switch?
I'll try to throw a little power at it to see what it looks like and post pics. It has the third wire so it is illuminated in some fashion.

All wires throughout are labeled which is a nice touch

IMG_2967.jpg
IMG_2969.jpg
IMG_2970.JPG
IMG_2972.jpg

AFAIK Eaton does not make lockers for Isuzu. I wheeled Troopers for many years, including a 99, then a 93 2-door, then a 95.

So if I’m regearing to 4.56’s does that mean the harrop is no longer an option? Or just no longer an option for the front?

••Bearing experts: Would you accept an overhaul kit that had come apart in the packaging like this? Bearings aren't something I've really worked with before. I do have an inquiry into vendor (I did not purchase directly from Yukon but 3rd party vendor) on exchange but how easily would these be damaged just jumbling around in the box? It doesn't make me feel good but am I overreacting? How minor of damage to look for on them? Items on the left were still being retained by plastic. UPDATE: Vendor wants me to look for damage on them. What would constitute damage? Minor scratches?
There are some minor scratches.

IMG_2981.jpg
image001.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.02.17 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: r2m
I'm no expert, but I'd be concerned about the races, mostly. they should be smooth in the inner surface.

I'd return them, if nothing else, just out of principle that they need to work on their quality control and/or shipping.

Acrad, that's the same type of rotatory switch I used in my 100 series for my diff locks. It came with the factory rear e-locker rotatory switch but when I added a TJM air locker to the front, I then swapped out the factory 100 series rotatory locker switch which was only good for locking the rear locker for an 80 series factory switch which handles both the front and rear lockers.
It looked very cool and worked great! People who new about 100 series would look at the 80 series rotatory switch and say, "Hey, 100 series didn't come with a front locker!" ;)

r2m: With a non-terminated locker switch and an Insta-winch on the front some very affordable illusions :)

I really appreciate the simplicity of this system. The almost "most" simplistic electrical possible and still very rebuildable if there was an issue decades down the road. I frankly can't imagine not being able to easily repair anything on it outside of a failure of the core unit on the trail.

screen_shot_2021_05_16_at_5_11_37_pm_4bfff1108c1a89e7cdca7ec18c4365cbf329ce6e.png

Last edited:
Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom