Hard top removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a pulley removal set up I can see/rob your design?

Tips on removal greatly appreciated too.

Newly reconstructed full cap/side panel.

20230815_101820.jpg

20230811_122415.jpg

Tons of posts searching on google

If you have an instagram I have a story on my lifting frame that may be helpful. It's @trucksofthehamptons

If you like I can probably dig up the drawings I made for it as well.

Just take out all the screws and lift it off!!!

Two things I'd avoid is trying to lift with just two people, I took mine off with a neighbor, it was heavy, I almost dropped it. I'm sure it's over 150 pounds.

Don't use just one point lifting from the ceiling. It will tilt and spin. Those 4 corner contraptions I see others use it probably the way to go...

Just take out all the screws and lift it off!!!

Two things I'd avoid is trying to lift with just two people, I took mine off with a neighbor, it was heavy, I almost dropped it. I'm sure it's over 150 pounds.

Don't use just one point lifting from the ceiling. It will tilt and spin. Those 4 corner contraptions I see others use it probably the way to go...
Thanks

I want to try making a cradle so I can scoop it off with the forklift coming in from the back.

I want to try making a cradle so I can scoop it off with the forklift coming in from the back.
A pallet strapped to the roof would work well if you have a forklift. Put a blanket underneath so the fiberglass doesn't get beat up.

Finally got my unistrut & hoist installed...plan to take the top off this weekend. The ceiling mounted unistrut is hung using U-bolts over the roof trusses. The hoist mounting unistrut has six 4.5" long 3/8" HeadLOK screw into the LVL. The unistrut frame hanging by the chain will hold the doors and the other section of the ceiling mounted unistrut will hold the roof.

IMG_3580.jpg

IMG_3581.jpg

IMG_3579.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom