GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Salesman hit me up today with some good news.

image_487073b5aee8daf8ea3d42b56041930c71363910.png

So I stopped by and snuck in the back gate to check it out in person.

image_cee63093fb4f3c7380d11dfefc917df12662a9c2.png

image_c7baa145e034667d57b060340a3ece7a453423ea.png

image_5dadd71ab53505264d651630df50740b5e5c3be6.png

image_e1619950138e37323491e23e2b444e17e92d91ad.png

dang. love that color and the new interior.

Wouldn't have bought it without the new interior. Plus it's basically a law at this point that all of my vehicles are red.
I do like that center stack and steering wheel.

Reactions: r2m
Sweeeeet!!!
But hard time focusing on your new GX with that red Ducati in the foreground! Is that yours also?

I do like that center stack and steering wheel.
Factory integration of Android Auto is key, as well as actually having a real fan switch. HVAC controls should never be burried in a touch screen.

And this has to be one of the nicest steering wheels I've ever touched. It just feels very high-quality.

Sweeeeet!!!
But hard time focusing on your new GX with that red Ducati in the foreground! Is that yours also?
Yeah, she's mine. Picked her up in May I think. Love that bike (same one that's in my PfP). Third Ducati.

Factory integration of Android Auto is key, as well as actually having a real fan switch. HVAC controls should never be burried in a touch screen.

And this has to be one of the nicest steering wheels I've ever touched. It just feels very high-quality.
Agree about the HVAC and would like to add audio volume should never be buried on screen either.

Also I’m a huge fan of three spoke steering wheels. It’s the most comfortable for me to use on long road trips.

Yeah, she's mine. Picked her up in May I think. Love that bike (same one that's in my PfP). Third Ducati.
Never had a Ducati, I've had GSXR, Ninja, and VFR, but nothing ever Italian.

Never had a Ducati, I've had GSXR, Ninja, and VFR, but nothing ever Italian.
I've only ever spoiled myself with Ducatis. Ironically they've been the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned.

Agree about the HVAC and would like to add audio volume should never be buried on screen either.

Also I’m a huge fan of three spoke steering wheels. It’s the most comfortable for me to use on long road trips.
Personally, I'd rather have a three-spoke as well. However, the four-spoke that's pretending to be a three-spoke in my work F-350 is awesome, since I can put my hand right on the bottom of the thing.

1635369807423.png

But that's really all that's awesome about it. All the controls are on the wrong side (seriously, audio controls should ALWAYS be on the left). THAT HARD PLASTIC THO

Personally, I'd rather have a three-spoke as well. However, the four-spoke that's pretending to be a three-spoke in my work F-350 is awesome, since I can put my hand right on the bottom of the thing.

View attachment 2823022

But that's really all that's awesome about it. All the controls are on the wrong side (seriously, audio controls should ALWAYS be on the left). THAT HARD PLASTIC THO

The grip in the center is the only saving grace with the GX wheel.

THIS is the most comfortable steering wheel without a Bentley badge I’ve ever used. Had one in two of my Charger R/T’s and Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.

1635371388593.jpeg

The grip in the center is the only saving grace with the GX wheel.

THIS is the most comfortable steering wheel without a Bentley badge I’ve ever used. Had one in two of my Charger R/T’s and Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.

View attachment 2823033
Yeah, you're entitled to your opinion on that one. I don't like the Chrysler wheels, especially the rear-mounted audio controls. Not a fan of their leather or hard plastics, either. It's fine for the price point, though. I'd take the GX wheel any day of the week.

Yeah, you're entitled to your opinion on that one. I don't like the Chrysler wheels, especially the rear-mounted audio controls. Not a fan of their leather or hard plastics, either. It's fine for the price point, though. I'd take the GX wheel any day of the week.
Fun fact, all three of my Chargers (2014 SE, 2016 RT & 2018 RT) and Grand Cherokee (2019) had next to zero hard plastic and the interior build quality was actually quite good. Soft touch materials everywhere and super quiet inside (especially the Jeep). Which is something I cannot say about an average Toyota or Lexus. I bought three Chargers and that Grand Cherokee and was infinitely satisfied with all of them. In the end I still sold them all and own two GX’s so it is what it is. But I digress. ;)

The rear mounted audio controls were fantastic once you got used to them. It’s more ergonomic since you’re really supposed to hold the wheel with both hands. LOL But yea, that aspect is indeed all preference and an acquired taste.

View attachment 2823022

That wheel looks just shy of a computer keyboard! All it needs is an Alt, Ctrl, Return and Space bar!
And with the Alt Ctrl and Return you can reboot your truck! :p

Just signed the paperwork. Came out to about $1300 discount after it was all said and done. Not bad, considering everyone is paying at or above sticker.

They're putting the 275/65R18's on tomorrow, and I pick it up Saturday morning.

Just signed the paperwork. Came out to about $1300 discount after it was all said and done. Not bad, considering everyone is paying at or above sticker.

They're putting the 275/65R18's on tomorrow, and I pick it up Saturday morning.
The tires never arrived at the dealer. I swear, tire distributors just do whatever the hell they damn well please. Those bastards were ordered on Monday. Still picking it up tomorrow morning, just with the stock cookie cutters.

However, Mike at Exit Offroad deserves some props. Same-day shipping for my lift kit and it's going to arrive on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom