Slee Sliders on GX460 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning all,

I've been searching but can't find any install or review info on Slee Sliders for a GX460. I'd love any input people have on these sliders and their fit with the GX since they are really 4runner sliders. I've looked at CBI and Victory as well. Slee builds some beefy stuff and since they are just down the road from me I can skip the shipping and they are actually a couple hundred bucks cheaper.

So if you have any experience with these I'd love to hear about it!
Thanks, Dan

Good morning all,

I've been searching but can't find any install or review info on Slee Sliders for a GX460. I'd love any input people have on these sliders and their fit with the GX since they are really 4runner sliders. I've looked at CBI and Victory as well. Slee builds some beefy stuff and since they are just down the road from me I can skip the shipping and they are actually a couple hundred bucks cheaper.

So if you have any experience with these I'd love to hear about it!
Thanks, Dan
Have you contacted Slee for instructions? I've purchased from them before and they're pretty helpful.
Considering that these sliders also fit 5th Gen 4R's, have looked for info from them in that forum on MUD?
You may even find instructions for the 5th Gen on their forum.

I installed a set last weekend. Super easy installation that took me about 3 hours total. I could tell they had better engineering than some other aftermarket parts I’ve used, as everything fit together perfectly.

Previously had White Knuckle Off-road sliders…not a fan of their attachment system. I highly recommend the Slee sliders for the GX

I installed a set last weekend. Super easy installation that took me about 3 hours total. I could tell they had better engineering than some other aftermarket parts I’ve used, as everything fit together perfectly.

Previously had White Knuckle Off-road sliders…not a fan of their attachment system. I highly recommend the Slee sliders for the GX
Let's see the pics!! :)

I really liked the look of the Slee, but ultimately went with expedition one.

Have you contacted Slee for instructions? I've purchased from them before and they're pretty helpful.
Considering that these sliders also fit 5th Gen 4R's, have looked for info from them in that forum on MUD?
You may even find instructions for the 5th Gen on their forum.
I'm not so worried about the install as how they look in terms of integration with the look of the car. I think CBI does this really well but the RCI look like an add on to me. If it was only a question of function I'd be all over the RCI sliders.

I'm not so worried about the install as how they look in terms of integration with the look of the car. I think CBI does this really well but the RCI look like an add on to me. If it was only a question of function I'd be all over the RCI sliders.
Have you seen the Expedition One sliders? They integrate the whole rocker panel and hide the cuts made to the steps.

Here is how they look when dirty, on a ‘23 model.

IMG_7975.jpeg
IMG_7976.jpeg
IMG_7974.jpeg

Look great!

I've had mine since they became available. The install was easy. I would recommend getting the light upgrade as well. The courtesy lights are nice and bright with theirs being an LED version that I think is nicer than stock. The fit and finish has held up well after a few years. After a wash, I like to wipe them down with tire wet, then wipe off the boards again with a clean towel. They look brand new but aren't slick.
208122908_10159368031254494_9068787938245157270_n.jpg

319086043_870807330622789_2157781647816745689_n.jpg

I had them on my 200 series LC and absolutely loved them. Now that we have moved to the GX platform, and after seeing this, it confirms we will be purchasing Slee sliders for the new machine! Thx for all of those who posted up here..

Thanks guys! Pics are super helpful. One other question, how has the weight of the sliders affected the mpg and/or driving dynamics? I know they are 225lbs, which is a lot compared to the 116lbs of RCI, which I think are about the lightest I've seen.

Thanks guys! Pics are super helpful. One other question, how has the weight of the sliders affected the mpg and/or driving dynamics? I know they are 225lbs, which is a lot compared to the 116lbs of RCI, which I think are about the lightest I've seen.
Pretty sure that's shipping weight with pallets and all. No way they were 110 lbs each when I installed them.

Agree with re_guderian that any slider would weigh that much. It'd have to be solid material for that kind of weight.
Regarding MPG, sliders have no impact on gas mileage. What you gain in side impact protection (from being T-boned on the road) or trail sliding is well worth it.

Pretty sure that's shipping weight with pallets and all. No way they were 110 lbs each when I installed them.
Ah, that helps. I did some additional Googling and it looks like they are 125 lbs. Much better.

Here is what I'm looking at overall. I've considered others as well so I thought it might be interesting for you all to see:

Parameters:
  1. Cost for me (RCI and Slee are local pick ups for me) includes a couple who have current discounts and any tax/shipping needed. So basically "all in"
  2. Weight
  3. Look - subjective 1 - 10 scale

Shipping costs needed:
  • CBI - $1,443 - 135lbs - Look: 8
  • Expedition One - $1,427 - 135lbs - 9

Local:
  • RCI - $926 - 116lbs - Look: 4
  • Slee - $1,375 - 125lbs - Look 6

Ah, that helps. I did some additional Googling and it looks like they are 125 lbs. Much better.

Here is what I'm looking at overall. I've considered others as well so I thought it might be interesting for you all to see:
Parameters:
  1. Cost for me (RCI and Slee are local pick ups for me) includes a couple who have current discounts and any tax/shipping needed. So basically "all in"
  2. Weight
  3. Look - subjective 1 - 10 scale
Shipping costs needed:
  • CBI - $1,443 - 135lbs - Look: 8
  • Expedition One - $1,427 - 135lbs - 9
Local:
  • RCI - $926 - 116lbs - Look: 4
  • Slee - $1,375 - 125lbs - Look 6
Personally, it's all about function, looks and price in that order of importance.
  1. Function? Well, there's not a bad one in the bunch, so that's kind of a wash.
  2. What do you like best for looks? If you can't decide get your wife to decide or a buddy.
  3. Do you mind paying more for something you like or will you compromise what you really like/want for cheaper cost?

Personally, it's all about function, looks and price in that order of importance.
  1. Function? Well, there's not a bad one in the bunch, so that's kind of a wash.
  2. What do you like best for looks? If you can't decide get your wife to decide or a buddy.
  3. Do you mind paying more for something you like or will you compromise what you really like/want for cheaper cost?
Exactly. Function and Looks I can make the call on. It's the cost I struggle with. I for sure like the Slee better than RCI but I'm not sure I like them $400 more. That said, in 10 years I won't miss the $400 but might not like how my rig looks for all 10 of those years. The real question is "how cheap am I?" ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom