Slee Sliders on GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've never been fully satisfied when I went for the cheaper option over getting the thing I wanted the most. I've never regretted spending the extra money and getting exactly what I want. If the cost is a factor maybe wait a little longer to improve the funds or what I do a lot is sell crap from the garage I never use to make up the difference haha! Like you said, you might have these 10 years, get the ones you want!

I've never been fully satisfied when I went for the cheaper option over getting the thing I wanted the most. I've never regretted spending the extra money and getting exactly what I want. If the cost is a factor maybe wait a little longer to improve the funds or what I do a lot is sell crap from the garage I never use to make up the difference haha! Like you said, you might have these 10 years, get the ones you want!
100% agree! Anytime I've compromised on going cheaper or with less bells and whistles, I've always regretted and wound up spending more than twice, once for the unsatisfying model and then for what I really wanted in the first place. This is why I do such fastidious research on products so there's no regrets upon seeing same thing only with more features, better, newer, whatever.

Exactly. Function and Looks I can make the call on. It's the cost I struggle with. I for sure like the Slee better than RCI but I'm not sure I like them $400 more. That said, in 10 years I won't miss the $400 but might not like how my rig looks for all 10 of those years. The real question is "how cheap am I?" ;)

Would you say they stick out far enough to offer some door protection from assholes for dings?

Exactly. Function and Looks I can make the call on. It's the cost I struggle with. I for sure like the Slee better than RCI but I'm not sure I like them $400 more. That said, in 10 years I won't miss the $400 but might not like how my rig looks for all 10 of those years. The real question is "how cheap am I?" ;)

I had to look at the sliders on my Taco for 11 years, they were custom made by Adam at 4X Innovations down in Iowa. He has since moved to Wi. You're right you will not miss that $400 in 10 years heck I can't even tell you how much mine cost 11 years later LOL. And the Ex used to accuse me of being tighter than the bark on a tree. For somethings, when I spend money on something I want it to be right. For me.

Outside of running boards anything with zero offset then was few and far in between not all that long ago. They normally were tubes although a few had frames but they were designed and called rock sliders. For pivoting and sliding off rocks that is where the name came from and tucked up to the rocker panels.

I'm more concerned with lateral slides into trees on icy trails which is why I like zero offset instead of tight against the body. I had Adam use expanded steel instead of solid steel for filler plates for drainage, both snow and water\mud. Plus were lighter than solid steel. And had kickouts for additional protection, not for kicking off rocks.

22179751805_e7924540df_b.jpg

I was torn between the Expo One and Slee. Ended up going with Expo One for the additional length and how it covers the cuts on the body. Thanks to @xychromosome I seen that the filler plates could be powder coated black so I called them in time and had them PC. Wanted matching bolts instead of the nickel coated factory ones for a solid black look so I ordered a bunch of button head black oxide bolts before they even came in. Added additional cost, actually not that much, but now I have what I want. And can look at them for the next 10 years if I decide to keep it that long with no regrets.

53512023252_1b6e5bee8b_b.jpg

Never a free lunch in life and the Expo One sliders will limit max tire size to 33". But on a combo DD and trail rig I don't have any plans to go above that anyways.

Your long term plans may be different than mine. But I recommend getting what puts a smile on your face when you look at it when go to get in it.

Yes. They give you some protection, but I guess it also depends on the shape of the other door as well.
And to add, it depends upon how high your vehicle is compared to how low the one next to you.
The higher you are and the lower they are will give better protection. Remember that most doors have a curve that can curve out farther than your sliders stick out, thus maybe getting a ding. Hence why I love wide sliders. Also the ability of having a good wide step for standing on while opening/closing my RTT. ;)

Last edited:
Love your wheel tire combo! What kind of wheels are they? And where did you source the Lexus caps? What size tires are you running?
Thank you.

They are TRD wheels. I had the Lexus stickers made to fit the yota caps…never could find an actual Lexus cap that would fit.

I am running 255/65/17 tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom