Guide to GX 460 Builds and Aftermarket Products (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TX GX460

Threads
This is an attempt to put together a cohesive list of build products that work for the GX 460, preferably ones that are made for the GX 460 specifically and not generic items like tires or lights. This will be a continual project for me, and if you would like to comment with ideas I will add information accordingly. Please provide part numbers or a link if you have them for any suggestions. I am starting with basic links only at first but will add more information over time. This thread will only be items that have been confirmed work with the GX460 platform, not ones that might work. I will be listing products by manufacturer, not supplier (unless they are the same), but if you have installation instructions in a thread or link I can try to add that. Approved IH8MUD vendors are also welcome to post in the comments with product information and links. If products are generation-specific I will indicate that where possible. For your reference, 1st Gen is 2010-2013, and 2nd Gen is 2014-2019. Everything will be in the order in which I add them, not in order of preference.

List of Build Threads:
And a special shout-out to the awesome 2nd Gen Prado build by Ozdefunk - Builds - New Build 2020 Toyota Prado

Front Bumpers:
1st Gen:

2nd Gen:

Rear Bumpers:

Recovery Points:

Last edited:
I am breaking up the post above into smaller ones to comply with post limits. As Woody mentioned, some of your posts may be deleted in the process to bring it all together again. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sliders:

Skids:

Roof Racks:
Rugged roof rack cross-bars for factory rails:

Last edited:
Suspension:
I have struggled with this since starting this project; it has been difficult to get information regarding each product identified by each supplier. So I am starting to add in products by manufacturer. Please comment below with any additional information you have and I will add it.

Companies I know make suspension kits specifically for the Lexus GX 460 / Prado 150 include:
  • Dobinsons
  • ARB / OME
  • King
  • Radflo
  • Tough Dog
  • Icon Vehicle Dynamics
  • IronMan
  • Toytec

Front:
Dobinsons Springs:
  • Normal Travel
    • Twin Tube Gas - GS59-700
    • Monotube - IMS59-50700
    • Monotube Remote Reservoir - MR59-50700
    • Adjustable compression Monotube Remote Reservoir - [NEED PART #s]
  • Long Travel
ARB: (ARB 4x4 Accessories - Old Man Emu International Application Catalogue | Edition 39 - Page 100-101)
  • Normal Travel
    • Twin Tube Gas (Nitrocharger Sport) - 90010
    • BP-51 monotube coilover - BP5190002L/BP5190002R; add kit VM80010008
IronMan

Rear:
Dobinsons Springs:
  • Normal Travel
    • Twin Tube Gas, comfort (fixed height) - GS59-705
    • Twin Tube Gas, heavy (fixed height) - GS59-701
    • Twin Tube Gas, extra heavy (fixed height) - GS59-637
    • Monotube (Adjustable height) - IMS59-50701
    • Monotube Remote Reservoir, comfort (Adjustable height) - MR59-50701
    • Monotube Remote Reservoir, heavy duty (Adjustable height) - MR59-50705
    • Adjustable compression Monotube Remote Reservoir (Adjustable height) - [NEED PART #s]
  • Long Travel
    • (Need info on LT kits).
ARB: (ARB 4x4 Accessories - Old Man Emu International Application Catalogue | Edition 39 - Page 100-101)
  • Normal Travel
    • Twin Tube Gas, stock load up to 200kg constant load (Nitrocharger Sport) - 60080
    • Twin Tube Gas, 400kg constant extra load (Nitrocharger Sport) - 60081
    • BP-51 monotube coilover - BP5160025; add kit VM80010010
IronMan:

Springs:
General rules of thumb relating to spring rates:
Front:
  • Stock: 700#
  • Add metal bumper: 700# (with additional preload if using adjustable coilovers)
  • Add metal bumper and winch: 730#
Rear:
  • Stock: 220#
  • Add metal bumper with tire carrier: 270#
  • Add metal bumper, drawers and roof top tent (RTT): 285#

Last edited:
Suspension (cont.):

Front Upper Control Arms:
Panhard Bar Correction Kits:
KDSS Extension kits (fix KDSS lean and restores full range of KDSS travel after lift):

Upgraded Suspension Links (trailing arms and panhard bars):
Cam Tab Gussets:

Extended CV Boots:
Long Travel LCAs:

Long Travel Axles:

Sway Bar (Rear):

Last edited:
Interior:
Drawers
:

Molle Panels:

Fire Extinguisher Mounts:

Cargo Management / Netting:
All-Weather Floor Mats:
Custom replacement switches:

Last edited:
Engine Compartment:
Power/compressor mounts:

Secondary Air Injection Bypass Kits:

Battery Trays/Kits:
AGM Battery Voltage Regulators:

Snorkels:
Front wheel well/engine splash guard kits:

Last edited:
Gas Tanks:

Ditch Brackets:
Ladders:
Spare Tire Carriers (non-bumper):

Drivetrain:
Gears:

Lockers:

HD Valve Bodies:

Transfer Case Lockup Kits:

Last edited:
Miscellaneous

Water tanks
Replacement Lights

Headlights
Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)
  • (Please identify any replacement bulbs or assemblies you recommend for each of the following years: 2010-13, 2014-19, 2020+).
Tail lights
  • (Please identify any replacement bulbs or assemblies you recommend for each of the following years: 2010-13, 2014-19, 2020+).
Interior Lights
  • (Please identify any replacement bulbs or assemblies you recommend for various interior locations - vehicle year likely doesn't matter).

Last edited:
Here are some additional front bumpers, as I was starting to put a list together to mainly group complete bolt-on and cutting the front bumper options.

I like your complete page style better, but feel free to grab the others from the link.

Can you add these Ironman recovery points?

Thanks!
I don't see why not, it's specified for the GX460 and are rated at 11,000 lbs. Did you look at the PDF installation manual? That will show you everything you need to know about them.
The only added comment I have is if you have or are planing to add steel bumpers. Most steel bumpers come with recovery points for shackles so purchasing these would be a waste of money since you'd just be replicating what's on the bumper.

Ironman makes a ton for the GX460. Suspension, bumpers, snorkles, drawers, roof racks... I just installed the Foam Pro kit on my 16 GX and it leveled the truck out nicely and rides great.

80225249_10157878048204494_6410564312225546240_o.jpg
80113051_10157878048349494_69719358007410688_o.jpg
80009211_10157878048834494_6771110087827128320_o.jpg
80479923_10157878049084494_3858140779507613696_o.jpg

You could add the Ironman skids and forged UCA's also.

I can confirm that the skids do fit with KDSS

Engine Compartment:
Power/compressor mounts:

Secondary Air Injection Bypass Kits:

Battery Trays/Kits:

AGM Battery Voltage Regulators:

Snorkels:
I soldered them myself in the kitchen. When the price of parts for production is 1 dollar for 2 pcs
Wite +0,4V for summer season
Yellow +0.7V for winter season

IMG_20190302_213214.jpg

IMG_20190302_223128.jpg

This post is for bolt on lower side moldings without the step. This enables one to replace their side step, rocker panels to add rock sliders without cutting their side steps off.
Originally posted by 22Eyunu35VO here: Demello anouces GX460 build and parts. , starting at post #7

This post is for bolt on lower side moldings without the step. This enables one to replace their side step, rocker panels to add rock sliders without cutting their side steps off.
Originally posted by 22Eyunu35VO here: Demello anouces GX460 build and parts. , starting at post #7
Thanks r2m. That's what I did as well. Good tip.

@TX GX460, i think there may be a mix up with the Kaon links posted up top. The Kaon website shows a Light Cargo Roof Shelf (the tray style that hangs below and parallel to the roofline) and a Light Cargo Pet Barrier (vertical pet barrier parallel to and above the 2d row seat back.)

"Cargo Management / Netting:

The link for the Light cargo pet barrier points to the Rear roof shelf: Here is the link to the Light Cargo Pet Barrier:

Thanks for your efforts. I was unaware of the Kaon products and really like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom