Demello anouces GX460 build and parts. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hopefully he's making parts for the pre-facelift GXs as well.

The rock sliders they make are great and bolt on easy! DOM steel and you have an option for a fill plate if you chose. I chose open style so I can run a strap through them easily in a recovery scenario.

I have to admit the front bumper selection for the GX is very limited and with so many other manufactures chasing the 4Runner and Taco crowd I think their is room for both models. But from a business standpoint the 2014+ outsold the 2010-13 by 2 : 1.

Last edited:
From a business standpoint it would make more sense to focus on the 2014+ front end at this point but for whatever reason there seems to be more movement on products for the 2010-13 trucks and the 470's up until now. For the life of me I can't understand the push for new products on the 470 to this day when they haven't been built in nearly 12 years and the large majority of those out there are beat down and have north of 250K miles. I find it hard to believe that from a marketing aspect these shops think that someone with a $7K fifteen year old truck with a quarter million miles on it is more willing to drop $4K+ on bumpers than the larger majority of us late model 460 trucks that cost $30-70K.

It's good to see some movement here for the 460 and from yet another shop that hasn't already announced the possibility of products for the late model GX. Demello, C4, 4x4Labs, Victory, there's going to be a lot more selection for our trucks here in the next 6-12 months and I am very happy about that. I've waited this long for a rear bumper, I can hold out to see what these shops come up with but I can't wait to get the spare out of the back of the truck.

I’m waiting for a full replacement front and rear bumper, not the current ones where the OEM bumper has to be trimmed.

Along with that, someone please make replacement side skirts for the GX so we don’t need to trim the current running boards for sliders. I remember shrockworks making it for the 5th gen 4runner.

From a business standpoint it would make more sense to focus on the 2014+ front end at this point but for whatever reason there seems to be more movement on products for the 2010-13 trucks and the 470's up until now. For the life of me I can't understand the push for new products on the 470 to this day when they haven't been built in nearly 12 years and the large majority of those out there are beat down and have north of 250K miles. I find it hard to believe that from a marketing aspect these shops think that someone with a $7K fifteen year old truck with a quarter million miles on it is more willing to drop $4K+ on bumpers than the larger majority of us late model 460 trucks that cost $30-70K.

It's good to see some movement here for the 460 and from yet another shop that hasn't already announced the possibility of products for the late model GX. Demello, C4, 4x4Labs, Victory, there's going to be a lot more selection for our trucks here in the next 6-12 months and I am very happy about that. I've waited this long for a rear bumper, I can hold out to see what these shops come up with but I can't wait to get the spare out of the back of the truck.
Agreed looking forward to see what comes of all this with new options!

I went over the top on my Tacoma when I built it. It was one year old when I installed the suspension wheels and tires. Didn’t install bumpers, sliders, dual battery, canopy, roof rack, RTT, ETC until almost 10 years into ownership. To get ROI on those parts I had to own it another 10 years. Not a bad thing owning it for 20 years just wouldn’t build one that was 10 years old again..

Still a relatively small number of later model 460's being modded for off-road... as of March production numbers 158,026 (14+) models versus 225,707 (GX 470s and 10-13 460s)
Adding 470 production to 10-13 production numbers is senseless. Two completely different models. Many parts already exist for the 470 including bumpers from Demello.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom