Guide to GX 460 Builds and Aftermarket Products (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@TX GX460, i think there may be a mix up with the Kaon links posted up top. The Kaon website shows a Light Cargo Roof Shelf (the tray style that hangs below and parallel to the roofline) and a Light Cargo Pet Barrier (vertical pet barrier parallel to and above the 2d row seat back.)

"Cargo Management / Netting:

The link for the Light cargo pet barrier points to the Rear roof shelf: Here is the link to the Light Cargo Pet Barrier:

Thanks for your efforts. I was unaware of the Kaon products and really like them.
Thanks; fixing it now.

I'm seeing a lot of LED light swap-outs and would like to bump this so those of you who have replaced your incandescent bulbs, either headlights, taillights, running lights, interior, wherever, if they work, can you please post the product and link here?
I believe more and more people are going to be doing these mod's in the future so those who post their info, it would be very appreciated.+
Thanks to all of you!! 👍 :cheers:

I'm seeing a lot of LED light swap-outs and would like to bump this so those of you who have replaced your incandescent bulbs, either headlights, taillights, running lights, interior, wherever, if they work, can you please post the product and link here?
I believe more and more people are going to be doing these mod's in the future so those who post their info, it would be very appreciated.+
Thanks to all of you!! 👍 :cheers:
Sounds good. I can add a portion of the thread at the top with part numbers and links of the ones that work with the GX 460 if people are willing to share them in the comments below or DM them to me.

Reactions: r2m
Thanks TX GX460!

This is an attempt to put together a cohesive list of build products that work for the GX 460, preferably ones that are made for the GX 460 specifically and not generic items like tires or lights. This will be a continual project for me, and if you would like to comment with ideas I will add information accordingly. Please provide part numbers or a link if you have them for any suggestions. I am starting with basic links only at first but will add more information over time. This thread will only be items that have been confirmed work with the GX460 platform, not ones that might work. I will be listing products by manufacturer, not supplier (unless they are the same), but if you have installation instructions in a thread or link I can try to add that. Approved IH8MUD vendors are also welcome to post in the comments with product information and links. If products are generation-specific I will indicate that where possible. For your reference, 1st Gen is 2010-2013, and 2nd Gen is 2014-2019. Everything will be in the order in which I add them, not in order of preference.

List of Build Threads:
And a special shout-out to the awesome 2nd Gen Prado build by Ozdefunk - Builds - New Build 2020 Toyota Prado

Front Bumpers:
1st Gen:

2nd Gen:

Rear Bumpers:

Recovery Points:
Aftermarket factory sized interior switches.
Maybe TX GX450 may want to put it up higher on the original post so it can be found easier?

Reactions: r2m
This is an attempt to put together a cohesive list of build products that work for the GX 460, preferably ones that are made for the GX 460 specifically and not generic items like tires or lights. This will be a continual project for me, and if you would like to comment with ideas I will add information accordingly. Please provide part numbers or a link if you have them for any suggestions. I am starting with basic links only at first but will add more information over time. This thread will only be items that have been confirmed work with the GX460 platform, not ones that might work. I will be listing products by manufacturer, not supplier (unless they are the same), but if you have installation instructions in a thread or link I can try to add that. Approved IH8MUD vendors are also welcome to post in the comments with product information and links. If products are generation-specific I will indicate that where possible. For your reference, 1st Gen is 2010-2013, and 2nd Gen is 2014-2019. Everything will be in the order in which I add them, not in order of preference.

List of Build Threads:
And a special shout-out to the awesome 2nd Gen Prado build by Ozdefunk - Builds - New Build 2020 Toyota Prado

Front Bumpers:
1st Gen:

2nd Gen:

Rear Bumpers:

Recovery Points:
Is there a similar summary for the GX470?

Can’t find a OEM plastic tubbed radiator. For a little more than aftermarket plastic replacement and a lot cheaper than OEM . These guys will build a aluminum radiator for you

1638481123214.png

Anybody here use bison gear molle panels? Skipping rago because never been a fan of there customer service. New to this gx 460 community, coming from a 5th trd pro.

No experience myself but
Anybody here use bison gear molle panels? Skipping rago because never been a fan of there customer service. New to this gx 460 community, coming from a 5th trd pro.

I've seen a number of posts on the GX facebook groups saying the Bison Gear is great quality and they were impressed by the quick shipping coming from Poland.

Mine are Victory and they work great. Easy install, clean, clear YouTube for installs.
I have both rear quarter panels and the rear shelf.
You can see it here, starting at post # 210: Builds - R2M 2013 GX460 Overland Build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/r2m-2013-gx460-overland-build.1104719/page-11

They look great too,victory is about 700 with shelf. These were 380 shipped w shelf 🙌 any other easy interior mods to do?
A different center console cubby tray and a glove box organizer:

I forget, but you may need to use a heat gun, just a wee bit to get the console tray to fit better. But it works great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom