Gash board

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
Not a typo.................. :frown: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek:

I hop in the Cruiser this morning (cold morning) for my treck to the office and there is A SIX INCH LONG CRACK in the center of my dash pad..... :mad: :eek: :frown: :mad: :eek:

13 years of New Mexican climate finally did it in. The cold snap of the last couple days with afternoon temp swings of 30+ degrees killed it.. :ban: :ban:

A new one will cost 378 bucks... :crybaby:

Atticus

Bummer, Dan. From a tech perspective, do you think there's anything you could have treated your dash with to prevent this from happening?

Cheers,
Jay

I guess i'm not moving to NM.....303 protectorent is a good treatment for dash/etc. Its like sunscreen for plastics...

Uncle Ben

SILVER Star

cruiserdan said:

I hop in the Cruiser this morning (cold morning) for my treck to the office and there is A SIX INCH LONG CRACK in the center of my dash pad..... :mad: :eek: :frown: :mad: :eek:

13 years of New Mexican climate finally did it in. The cold snap of the last couple days with afternoon temp swings of 30+ degrees killed it.. :ban: :ban:

Bummer, that really stinks! Can't even begin to imagine how you felt! Now the issue you have to deal with....who ya gonna call for replacment parts? :flipoff2: :doh:

flintknapper

SILVER Star

Ih8cracks

cruiserdan said:
13 years of New Mexican climate finally did it in. The cold snap of the last couple days with afternoon temp swings of 30+ degrees killed it.. ::

Maybe the tectonic plates in your dash shifted!

BUMMER.

CreeperSleeper

Cascade Cruisers
SILVER Star

Suckie. Sorry to hear it Dan. BTW, those patch kits look okay when they are done. You can tell that it has been repaired, but I doubt if the average person riding in the passenger seat would notice.

Scamper

Too bad. I suppose you could throw one of those carpet thingies on it, then put a pair of fuzzy dice on the mirror to distract passengers from noticing? :D

Or better yet, move to the northeast and work for a local Toy dealer here!

Dan, would you mind snapping a few pics of the back of the passenger side? I'm curious to see if the nuts that everyone says are there for the grab bar, are in fact there.

Unless someone else can confirm this for me.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. When would be a good time to bother you about placing another order? Don't want to mess up the joyous activity of taking inventory. Need front rotors and that parking lamp housing.

Ary

Brentbba

Former Golfer
SILVER Star

That sucks!

Ok everyone, pony up and feed Dan's dogs! I know I have recently, with the typical spectacular service from the man - parts and advice! There is no finer!

IdahoDoug

Dan,

Post a photo so we can se where it happened. Also, instead of fixing it, get one of those stick on dashboard hula girls. Free entertainment to boot.

DougM

OZCAL

Ouch! Well, I've been expecting that someday here in the Queensland rig, but I'm actually not so taken aback at the price. Thought it would be much worse. I'll be using that windscreen reflector more regularly now though.

Curious Dan, but do you use any dash protectant or sun shades or anything like that? Just curious if its due to direct sunlight, general heat from inside the cab, chemicals, or just extreme quick temp. changes.

Because this is also why I am leary of drilling a hole in the dash for the grab bar, just like a nick in a windshield, it creates a weak point in the dash for a crack to spread from possibly? If a dash mat will reduce the quick temp changes, then I may look into that too. But currently I use a sun shade.
Just trying to reduce the chances of getting a crack in the dash.

tucker74

cruiserdan said:

You see Dan - you're just looking at this all wrong. Don't look at it as a $378 ripped dash pad - look at it as good excuse to buy that JDM Altimetor you've always wanted :D

Tucker

Top Bottom