On-Board Air Diagrams? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Can anyone point to a good post or article or or video with a diagram that lays out ALL the parts needed to build a system with a tank (and, preferably, dual compressors)? Talking about the AIR lines, fittings, etc. (wiring would be a bonus). Thanks for any help!

This is from my old 91 FJ80. It was overly complicated and I chased leaks for a while. If you scroll down, there's a list of parts I used along with a Visio drawing of the schematic.
The OBA system on my LX450 is much simpler and works just as well.

Can anyone point to a good post or article or or video with a diagram that lays out ALL the parts needed to build a system with a tank (and, preferably, dual compressors)? Talking about the AIR lines, fittings, etc. (wiring would be a bonus). Thanks for any help!
We have mounted dozens of Puma 12v compressors on the left rear inner fender. Inexpensive and bulletproof. Some have been used for over 10 years with no problems. Mine is still able to refill my 37s from 12 to 35 psi in less than 3 minutes each.

Wits End Quarter Panel (long thread) has numerous compressor installs with pictures. Start with pages 20-45 :popcorn:. Also inverters, solar, audio amps . . .
Here is one that has the components labeled. Others have part numbers, but I don't see schematics.

Viair has schematics for electical and air. This is the 35" tire-size kit.

Attached is what I used as a plan, but I can't remember where I lifted the second slide from. I do think a large capacitor near the compressor is a good idea. It protects the system during the start-up surge.
This is my set-up:

Attachments

• OBA Diagram.pdf
    270.5 KB · Views: 29
On my 40 I have a york under the hood going to dryer/seperator, back to a 3ish gallon tank in the rear, one quick connect under the hode and a bulk head fitting in the rear passenger quarter panel, all of that complication adds a small amount of convenience to airing up and down tires. On my 80 I mounted a knock off ARB dual compressor in the passenger rear (similar but way more getto than wits end), cut half of the cubby out and put a 20" pigtail off the compressor with a quick connect, kept it simple and no regrets. For what I use it for, I didn't find the tank on the 40 to really buy me anything. If I remember right the 40 has some leaks but never a negative impact as I only turn the compressor on when I need it. I never timed anything and definitely apples to oranges, york + 35s vs knock off ARB + 33s, its still a 2-3 minutes a tire and enough time for a soda.

(in sticky sweet baby-talking-to-the-dog voice) Oh look at the cute little baby air compressor)

No diagrams, but lots of pics and parts explanations. Feel free to PM me for any further info if you see anything I did that you want more onfo about.

Which reminds me, I need to add a three way switch to my system so I can trigger the compressor clutch from inside the cab or outside under the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom