FZJ80 fuel pump options 2023 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is what I've found. Delphi FE0402: Amazon product ASIN B001QUFAM6
This one is currently $130 via Amazon, with strainer also available separately. It's shorter than the OEM pump, so you must utilize the longer section of fuel hose that comes with it, probably a good idea in any case.

Denso 950-0109: Amazon product ASIN B000C5SIU2
$143 via Amazon, comes with strainer. Beno has recommended in the past as a less expensive, quality equivalent alternative to the genuine Toyota part.

However, at least one problem with this one. It's on backorder everywhere, out of stock at all vendors I found. I ordered a month ago via Amazon and it still hasn't shipped.
Also, now this Denso part is apparently manufactured in China. Could this diminish the quality? I don't know.

Of course, there's always toyota Part #2322166040. This one would be available from your Toyota dealer or a few online locations. It lists for $470.

Don't buy O'Reilly's Import Direct pump they show as OEM replacement. It's not, requires rewiring the in tank male plug-no thanks.

In the end, possibly the expensive Toyota pump is the "best" option. Instead, after being down for a month I went with the Delphi.

I’d go with the OEM pump for something this critical. Olathe Toyota has it for $317
Shipping to Alaska of course additional.

IMG_0266.png

if you can wait for the denso i would do that, the toyota pump will be just the pump youll still have to buy the sock and other little bits. why are you replacing the pump

if you can wait for the denso i would do that, the toyota pump will be just the pump youll still have to buy the sock and other little bits. why are you replacing the pump
My pump died a couple days after returning from a long, interior Alaska road trip. On the longest day of driving home I let the tank get very low before refueling, which probably hastened the inevitable demise of the OEM pump.

i would do the delphi then if you need the truck asap and then do either the denso or toyota, downside is your doing the job twice. also get the banjo bolt and gaskets for the fuel line, mine was nice and crusty when i pulled my tank.

i would do the delphi then if you need the truck asap and then do either the denso or toyota, downside is your doing the job twice. also get the banjo bolt and gaskets for the fuel line, mine was nice and crusty when i pulled my tank.
The Delphi is installed and working. I will leave the Denso on order, keep as a spare. It's not too bad of a job to do, if once again necessary in the future.

no it really isnt since theres the access hatch under the seat. i just dont like having to do the job twice if i dont have to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom