fuel lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, I did a search and couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I'm needing to replace rusted fuel lines and would like to know if anyone has use metal or just rubber? If you have used metal, where did you purchase? Any pros or cons either way would be helpful as well.

Thanks,
Brian

I have used 5/16" and 3/8" hard line, sold in the same section as the 3/16" brake line....cut the flare off, bend to fit, secure and you are good to go.

Good luck!

-Steve

i buy bulk steel line, bend, flare the end to help keep hose on and attach

Poser said:
I have used 5/16" and 3/8" hard line, sold in the same section as the 3/16" brake line....cut the flare off, bend to fit, secure and you are good to go.

Good luck!

-Steve

did the sma ething about 3 months ago simple as pie and cheap, after i had the old one out i flushed it and was shocked to see the crud that came out

For the rubber hose section, I use low-pressure hydraulic hose. It is the same ID and OD as fuel hose, but WAY tougher and more durable. It's about 2 bucks a foot.

I prefer hard line and the only regret was starting with a crappy brake line bender. It didn't work for crap on the 3/8 line. I think the finished product with hard line looks cleaner. Came in 5 foot sticks and was cheap.

For a quick and easy fix use 3/8" rubber gas line and place it inside the frame from the front to the rear. Keeps it contained and out of harm's way. I have run mine this way on several 40's for many years.

Last edited:
If you want longer tubing than you can find at the autoparts store try inlinetube.com. They sell in longer lengths so you have a bit more to work with in case you kink something with the bender. No affiliation, yada yada.

HTH.

have you guys ever put in stainless steel fuel lines replacing the rubber ones? wonder if this helps with vapor lock and fuel
cooling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom