Speaking of fuel lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My original plastic line with crush ring fitting is still in place. The last guy left it loose, I leaked, I tightened it . The clear plastic is rock hard. I have a simple system with no return line, as made my the factory.

I know I shoaled replace it. Should I use braided? Something else?

The threads on the tank tap? Anyone know what they are? To have the parts ready to go will be a help.

Thanks

Also, just my 2 cents but if you are using fuel with ethanol, there are line specifically formulated to withstand the deleterious effects that ethanol will cause. I believe that I sourced a braided line from Summit. :)

Dont think there was ever oe plastic fuel lines or fittings
Diddnt the early glass bowl fuel filters have a plastic fuel line? I have two of those old fuel lines still attached to the spare fuel glass filters and they are a clear, see-through material. Theyre hard and very brittle at this point.

Early lines were formally clear plastic, as said at glass fuel filter and to tank. I don’t know what the thread is tho, I changed mine a lone time ago (not ethanol resistant either!).
Bob in CO

Mine is the original clear plastic tubing tubing. The tank is nearly new. I want to replace the tubing from the tank to the glass filter.

My engine does not matter but, it is a chevy 292 straight six.

Sounds like I need to drain the tank. I was thinking of jacking up one side with a low tank. I guess I bring my mess to the local guys to fabricate this type of thing.

I suggest using fuel line clamps like these, particularly when it's hard to access worm drive clamps:
upload_2018-12-5_21-39-28-png.1847841

The nice thing about the Toyota clamps is that they have a red "keeper" pre-installed on the clamp, allowing the clamp to slip over the hose easily. Then, needle nose pliers pull off the keeper, and the clamp is nice and tight, without the need to squeeze the ears to install.

The clamps are still available at the dealer, about $4 each, list:
upload_2018-12-6_16-27-20-png.1848226

The original OEM clamp for your truck,

Vapor Hose Clamp - Toyota (96132-51300)​

appears to be still available, cheaper at $2.67 list, but may not have the red keeper.

Actually 95333-08100. $64.87 list price for 100 cm, or 3.3 ft. ($44.93 at Conicelli Toyota online parts)

Gates Barricade part no . 27314 5/16 x 25 ft list price $54.56. ($44.09 on Amazon) ($4.09 per ft at O'Reilly auto parts). Ethanol rated for carburetor applications. Old post, prices are delusional for 2024.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom