Front spring offset/toe out. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is something that has been bothering me since I bought the truck and now that its down to the frame in preparation for an SOA setup I gotta ask a few questions. And yes I have probably spent over 30 hours in the last 4 weeks reading through post here on mud.

The PO did a shackle reversal and the rear/shackle end of the front springs are slightly toed towards the outside of the frame. Without have the vehicle in front of me I would say between 3/8" and 9/16" of an inch. I am ordering the SOA kit from Ruff Stuff and will have the parts to weld in new spring and shackle hangers. Should the front springs line up straight with the frame or is the frame slightly wider towards the back of the front spring? If the frame is wider should I slightly outboard the hanger so that the shackles don't get bent out of shape?

The springs should be parallel to each other. I would think a tolerance of 1/8" is acceptable.

Place your spring & shackle mounts wherever they need to be based on your axle spring perches.

The springs should be parallel to each other. I would think a tolerance of 1/8" is acceptable.

Place your spring & shackle mounts wherever they need to be based on your axle spring perches.

/this\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom