Front Splash Guard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
I need some help on working up some sort of splash guard for my Troopy. It seems clear to me that there was one there at one point...

There are two mounting tabs on the front crossmember.
MUD_splashguard01.jpg

And presumable these holes in the side of the chassis rails would have helped.
MUD_splashguard02.jpg

This wide open area results in mud/water/etc. getting splashed up into the engine bay and the fan sprays it everywhere. Yuck.
MUD_splashguard03.jpg

Does anyone have an older 70-series like mine with a splash guard present? I'd love to see some pics/configuration photos to understand what goes here. The foam on the bottom of the radiator further supports the idea that something was supposed to be there. There is a part shown in the diagrams, but it's NLA and I can't find a photo of it.

There's a newer part that is available... I think this is from a 2006 if I recall correctly. It looks like it "should" fit the four bolt holes I've identified. Maybe.

MUD_splashguard04.jpg

MUD_splashguard05.jpg

Thoughts? Input? Pictures?

I have mine from 1985. Happy to send them to you Joel if you can use them to mock something up, or mimic them with different materials.

I’d just want them back at some point. :)

I need some help on working up some sort of splash guard for my Troopy.

The plastic sort let you down . We call them bash plates and there are about 7-8 to choose from for a 75 series in Australia. They can save you a lot of money.

1582804696791.png

It just so happens we have the one off our Troopy right now....92. Hope it helps.

20200227_085247.jpg

I never considered a splash guard (perhaps I should have) but I did replace the plastic junk on my previously owned 77 Series.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Mine isn't that dusty I admit. That Omani dirt must do wonders in keeping everything preserved and rust free.

All I know is it's a bear to clean....and even when you think you've cleaned it...it's not clean. Ha. Some serious stuff!

I have mine from 1985. Happy to send them to you Joel if you can use them to mock something up, or mimic them with different materials.

I’d just want them back at some point. :)

You're speaking in plural... you have all three pieces? I may yet take you up on this... let me get under there with cardboard and see if I can do some figuring.

Do you happen to have pics? =)

The plastic sort let you down . We call them bash plates and there are about 7-8 to choose from for a 75 series in Australia. They can save you a lot of money.

View attachment 2223235

I've emailed this bloke... let's see what he says about international shipping. Some killer stuff on his site.

It just so happens we have the one off our Troopy right now....92. Hope it helps.

View attachment 2223262

A big help, thank you! That confirms that the newer piece will likely work just as well.

Is it coated in Omani dirt :)

We gotta be proud of all our Omani dirt... or what would we have?

Did he make templates for that? Can he reproduce them? What about the front most piece... that protects the radiator. Did he make that in metal as well?
P.M. Sent

Let me know if you order from Custom Off Road. I'm interested in a bash plate and we could split the shipping from Aus.

I would be in for an order too. Maybe we can coordinate a group buy. I bet there's a few other people that would be interested.

That looks very simple. I can likely have my son CAD up something and have it plasma cut out and bent. I am thinking 3/16 aluminum.

That looks very simple. I can likely have my son CAD up something and have it plasma cut out and bent. I am thinking 3/16 aluminum.

The ones from AUS are 4mm stainless.

However, I’m ready to buy from you if you’re serious...

If a group buy is started for custom offroad, count me in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom