Four Bolt holes in rear bumper? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This thread inspried me to take action on my LX. It had a Draw-tite frame mount hitch on there until last night. I removed that, and am planning to remove the LX450 bumper in favor of the LC bumper and utilizing the bolt holes on the frame in a stock LC-type setup.

My question here is... I'd love to have a pintle, but need a receiver so I can use a hitch-haul. Does any make a receiver that will bolt into the four holes and have the receiver at the same level as the four holes? Similar to the Man-a-Fre product except that the receiver itself is about about 3 inches higher?

This thread inspried me to take action on my LX. It had a Draw-tite frame mount hitch on there until last night. I removed that, and am planning to remove the LX450 bumper in favor of the LC bumper and utilizing the bolt holes on the frame in a stock LC-type setup.

My question here is... I'd love to have a pintle, but need a receiver so I can use a hitch-haul. Does any make a receiver that will bolt into the four holes and have the receiver at the same level as the four holes? Similar to the Man-a-Fre product except that the receiver itself is about about 3 inches higher?

Like this?

240-40-big.jpg

4runnerhitch.JPG

4runnerhitch2.JPG

I want to do this too but am concerned about my 2.5" OME lift and will need tp lower the ball mounting point maybe using a height adjustable 2" square hitch. My bumper is about to my thighs in height (unloaded).... since I put OME 864's on (knowing I will be adding a rear swingout bumper in the future)

Does anyone have a lifted truck 2.5" or more with this mod and have any towing concerns besides 98SnakeEater who has made an adustable hitch...

please attach pics...

Thanks!

Uhaul had no issues with your tow hitch? I guess I'm surprised.

I've rented from two different places in two different cities on more than one occassion. Both acted like they saw those pintle balls on LCs everyday. I know they didn't/haven't but that was their reaction nonetheless.

Of course I didn't quiz them extensively about whether or not my hitch was OK. I also don't stop when walking through airport metal detectors like a lot of people... :)

EDIT

Nevermind

Missed the part where you want it to be even with the holes :eek:

I forgive you if you tell me where to find one :D

EDIT:
We must have posted at the same time... I see now that you did tell me where to find one!

Last edited:
I like that first option except that it would now look like my LX has an erection. It sticks out a little far. Plus, that's about eye level for my children... that is, until they put their eye out on it. Then there's the loading on the crossmember... Agreed, bad choice.

But that second option, the open style side plate, I like. That would permit scores of things to be attached and all at the level of the bolt holes. Where did you run across that? I'll admit I only did a halfway search for my options...

Slee - 2" Receivers

Try this link to Slee. I had my welder make up a very similar one, with more braces and hooks for my safety chains. (Only because it is very difficult for me to get things from US). Or else I would have just ordered it from Slee.

Works very well.

On the back of that dual connector is a standard 4-Pin connector that you just plug in....

Then there are 3 more wires...

White = Ground

Red = Auxiliary Fused Power

Blue = Electric Brakes

That's it :)

Ahh, thank you for the info.

I had a 7 pin setup on my pickup, and found it to be more useful than the 4 pin that is standard on the LC. Something new to add to the project list...

Ahh, thank you for the info.

I had a 7 pin setup on my pickup, and found it to be more useful than the 4 pin that is standard on the LC. Something new to add to the project list...

I actually installed one on Friday and it was super simple :)

I replaced an old reverse camera with a newer one and used the existing hole to mount the new trailer plug :cool:

fzjcaminstall10.JPG

newrearcameraandplug.JPG

newrearcameraandplug2.JPG

newrearcameraandplug3.JPG

newrearcameraandplug4.JPG

The euro vehicles must have an additional frame underneath that connects to the chassis rails that run front to rear, without it these cars cannot tow to their full potential. In fact when fitted and towing the 80's maximum all up weight means you would need a class 3 Heavy Goods Vehicle licence along with a tachograph because it ends up around 7.5 tons!

The chassis rail that has the four bolts used alone has limited towing ability, how limited I am unsure but.............

regards

Dave

Last edited:
Mep1811

The LC's are all over in the middle east are they not? I only wish I could have taken at least one back home with me. I did think I might get a Russian jeep shipped back, it was given to me anyway...

Four holes

The pintle up front is most likely for a tow bar to get the vehicle off the "X" if it became disabled. That LC is armored and you can see the gun ports on the side windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom