Found this and watched with bitter, sweet reactions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice find. I'm sure you already know this but the FJ45 pickup was made through 1984. It just wasn't sold in the US market. Good luck with the restoration or restomod. Looks like quite the project. The middle east is a good place to find parts; even for ones that old.

Sounds like he will with 40s and a rock crawler. Yikes. What a waste of a good old 45
I think he asked for comments as to what he should do with it. Hopefully there will be enough to encourage tasteful build. I’ll be watching.

Is he on Mud?

Windshield definitely a ‘65. The fender he picked up was later.

@whitey45 Is that original paint? Looks like the red primer hiding underneath? If so what a waste of a good patina truck! I’d be happy to trade him a ‘63 SWB or a ‘73 RHD LWB for it.

Just saw this today very cool - Dang I hope it is fix to original - we do not need any more rock crawlers

At some point you have to quit calling it an FJ, a Land Cruiser, or even a Toyota. I think they’ve reached that point.

It is just another creation were a man makes his Hollywood U tube build, California style with his family gazing in delight watching a steroid on wheels take form from his inner dream.
Five years later under a dusty tarp in the field sits what was when born a legend before being scared for life, what a horrible ending.
Sad times.

Legend​

There is one good thing that comes from these events, the stock FJ45's left go up in value.

Dude is a farm boy that has no idea of the truck's potential. Too bad. Fact remains this is a free country and as he said it is his to do with as he sees fit. Another one bites the dust baby.

I am not a purist but what he is planning is not what I would prefer either. It is his and for that reason it doesn’t matter to me. I will follow along to see how it turns out. If done well it would still be a cool fun rig. I do wish he knew a little more about what he has but it really doesn’t matter considering what he is doing with it. I hope someone benefits by snatching up the parts he is pulling out of it.

I have been following this build and the most recent video made me cringe. Still following along to see how it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom