Found one, but is it worth the money? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My brother sent me these pics of a 60 and the owner is asking g $5000, and firm on that.
IMG_4692_20201019_112734.jpg
IMG_4694_20201019_112734.jpg
IMG_4690_20201019_112734.jpg
IMG_4691_20201019_112734.jpg
IMG_4693_20201019_112734.jpg

All those suspect spots around the shackles and hangers look stout. 5k isn’t the “worst” price.
Buy it. You can fix the front corner.

Seeing the actual shape of nuts and bolts under the body mounts... that rust is nothing but surface.
DO it!
I always look out for your thread... hope it’s going well.

Fix the front, fluid film the frame and axles, paint everything else you can and drive it.

It won't be going in a museum as is, but if you want a truck to enjoy that looks like the ticket.

Paint looks like it will come back nicely with a cut and polish and wrap up with a quality sealant

Yeah, you guys are echoing my thoughts on the rig. So I told him ill have to get it.

I'm getting back into the zone and am about to get back to work on Rusty the white rhino. It's getting cold now and not a lot more motorcycle camping left this year anyway.

I'll keep you posted on this one too. He did say it started up a d purred like a kitten.

A quick look at what you've posted makes me say its well worth the mo ey. Still its a transaction and it would be rude not to negotiate

Is that a VT thing? If it was me, I’d probably show up with $5k cash and maybe even give the guy another few bucks if he helped load it up on the trailer.
Haha, Living near VT I would say it's more a New England thing. That said, with my U.K. background, I'm more on your side with the approach.

Buy it

Yes, buy it. Older OME lift...but bushings in good shape. Never wheeled hard since the OME lift. I say this because the axle bolts were never cut short and are unbent. Is that a 5 speed shift knob? What transmission?

Yes, buy it. Older OME lift...but bushings in good shape. Never wheeled hard since the OME lift. I say this because the axle bolts were never cut short and are unbent. Is that a 5 speed shift knob? What transmission?
Damn, if that is a 5 speed I may have to go change my knickers! I've already decided that this is the one I will keep and sell Rusty. This one is all original and I can take all I've learned on the white one and turn this one in to my forever Cruiser.

Haha, Living near VT I would say it's more a New England thing. That said, with my U.K. background, I'm more on your side with the approach.

If you were in China they would be asking $20,000 for it and if you didn’t open with an offer of $500 they would think you were a rude idiot. 😂.

this of course isn’t China. And I’ve certainly shown up with cash and paid the asking price without issue before. But every time I’ve done that the seller was surprised and clearly had expected there to be a negotiation.

Is that rust behind the rear wheels? How old are those tires? Does he have the stock wheels? (can't stand aftermarket wheels that serve no purpose, and always look worse) Is it desmogged? Factory carb? AC work? What is that front bumper made of, steel or AL? Looks to be a pretty hard hit. Does it track straight? How crusty are the rear frame C channels? Carb fan work? Power steering gearbox leaking?

and on and on.

We need LOTS more details on these 'is it worth it' posts

Is that rust behind the rear wheels? How old are those tires? Does he have the stock wheels? (can't stand aftermarket wheels that serve no purpose, and always look worse) Is it desmogged? Factory carb? AC work? What is that front bumper made of, steel or AL? Looks to be a pretty hard hit. Does it track straight? How crusty are the rear frame C channels? Carb fan work? Power steering gearbox leaking?

and on and on.

We need LOTS more details on these 'is it worth it' posts
I'll let you know after I buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom