Found one, but is it worth the money? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is that rust behind the rear wheels? How old are those tires? Does he have the stock wheels? (can't stand aftermarket wheels that serve no purpose, and always look worse) Is it desmogged? Factory carb? AC work? What is that front bumper made of, steel or AL? Looks to be a pretty hard hit. Does it track straight? How crusty are the rear frame C channels? Carb fan work? Power steering gearbox leaking?

and on and on.

We need LOTS more details on these 'is it worth it' posts
Quit it, now you sound like a whiny girl.
Wait, will it match the other cruiser? Heaven forbid they CLASH!

Quit it, now you sound like a whiny girl.
Wait, will it match the other cruiser? Heaven forbid they CLASH!

i hate when they are winter and autumn colors

What has happened here?

1603304259713.png

Nice to see a "should I buy it" thread with a happy ending. Most these days are overpriced and/or hiding something severe.

I would drive it first and check the frame up front where it was smacked.

Is it on a clean title?

Frame might be slightly bent and the hood might not line up straight against the cowl. Check that.

Well it appears I've been a good boy, or maybe the LC Gods are pleased that I saved one from the scrap pile. My brother went and picked it up and drove it back to his place. He called me and said he was rolling down the highway at 70mph, 50+psi on the oil pressure gauge with the truck tracking true. And one more surprise, see below:

625184462_20201023_182135.jpg

2400 rpm @ 70mph
IMG_4724_20201023_182137.jpg

Dude, hope your brother was wearing a mask....because at that price, you both could be arrested for stealing.👍🎯🇺🇸

Well if only you had said it was a 5 speed😀. Bo Nus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom