Found an FJ60 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree on the black paint covering up bondo/rust whatever. Unless you absolutely love restoring something and fixing body/frame I would pass. There is a ton more you cant see.
I’d much rather deal with mechanical than frame rot and rust.

Buy the cleanest example you can afford vs spending half your budget on a fixer because it will require 10x your budget to get it to the condition of a cleaner truck

I wouldn’t touch it... but that’s just me and I live in California.

There is a really nice no rust one for sale 20 minutes from me for $5k. Just needs paint. $1500 to ship I would guess... if you have the time and tools go for it. But I’d rather start with a cleaner base vehicle personally. Good luck either way. No matter what 60 you buy... it’s gonna make you smile big.

Where is this rust free example for $5k? Pics/Contact info? Feel free to pm me.

Bought with 277,000 miles. Long service history and oil changes back to new.

Rust in the rockers, back section and a quarter sized spot in the frame.

$3000 in 2015.

Currently had all the service caught up, refreshed the top end, lifted it, added bumpers, rebuilt the t case and added an h55f 5 speed and started driving it. I’ve put 42,000 since I’ve owned it and half of that was with the 4 speed. It’s currently perfectly tuned up and getting 15mpg Highway.

It’s been one of the best vehicles I’ve ever owned, it goes just about anywhere and it’s really reliable. It’s done a few 2000 mile trips without missing a beat.

It gets dinged and dented and I don’t care. It’s more a tool than a collectors item for me. I’ve got a plan for all the patches the truck needs for rust. One day I’ll fix it, but for now I really enjoy driving the heck out of it.

A6B2A8AE-241B-4FD0-8F44-594294110B4A.jpeg

87946B89-8957-4AC3-A1C7-5264BBFD352B.jpeg

I think you would spend less on a new frame than on a dash pad that nice.

The chassis is build to tow 5000 kg with air brake, 3500 with cable push brake so if it is rusted away like that there is still a lot of solid metal left, just cut it out , replace with 3 to 4 mm and have fun wheeling.
If you dont want it anymore sell it, just dont consider the time spend on repairs as lost income, or have profit as a goal.

The body can be welded with 1.25mm plate, If you have time and like to fix it it might take a few years to slowly get everything done.

Where is this rust free example for $5k? Pics/Contact info? Feel free to pm me.
Well lookee here. It’s still for sale. Price reduced!

CD4EAD5E-66B8-4746-9A7B-B08A6137EF03.png

Well lookee here. It’s still for sale. Price reduced!

View attachment 2188680

The direct weld on roof rack and "bull/nerf bars"....fawk! LOL!! Oddly though I really like this rig, I have the perfect place for it.

I wouldn’t touch it... but that’s just me and I live in California.

There is a really nice no rust one for sale 20 minutes from me for $5k. Just needs paint. $1500 to ship I would guess... if you have the time and tools go for it. But I’d rather start with a cleaner base vehicle personally. Good luck either way. No matter what 60 you buy... it’s gonna make you smile big.
Tell me about this $5K truck? In the market and in Cali...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom