Found an FJ60 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have been stalking the Land Cruiser forums for a few years now. I have been a jeep owner for years and will not get rid of my TJ....it's a 99 under 100,000 miles and is a garage queen. My wife has laid claim to it which is a good thing. I still have the LC bug and came across a FJ60. Interior is in excellent condition, right rear wheel well has some rust bubbles and there is a hole in the frame on the same side. Long story short I can pick it up with a truck load of parts including extra engine, axles, door cards, A/C, diff, and on and on. $3500 is the price everything. Even if I have to find a new frame or pull the frame for repair I was looking for opinions on the value of this purchase. Pics may give away the location which the seller does not want.

Do it!

Edit. Missed the part about the hole in the frame. Depending on how big its probably still worth it. I paid much more and had a similar issue. Pulled the body, cut out the rust and welded in 3/16" plate to repair the hole. Worked great and still strong with no signs of further damage after 25k+ miles, towing trailers, medium off road use and bouncy ass washboarded out forest service roads.

Last edited:
If it’s rusted so bad the frame has a literal hole in it, then it’s not just limited to that spot. It’s going to have rust hiding everywhere. But still $3500 ain’t bad.

They're willing to sell it, but don't want pictures posted to give away a location? Is it stolen?

Thanks for the response. Think I'm gonna pull the trigger. Not looking to steal the thing just want a fair price for the condition.

20200105_124417.jpg

20200105_124518.jpg

20200105_124607.jpg

I bought a rusty 60. About the same condition. I paid too much, it needed work and I spent too much.

I have no regrets other than I wish it had little to no rust and just beat up paint instead.

Besides the rust hole, looks pretty sweet. Not sure how bad the rest might be, but some people on here have done some amazing work to save other FJ60s that I thought looked worse. Good Luck and have fun with it!!

Thanks all. My expectations on the condition of the frame have been lowered but that's good. I'll just go into knowing I need a frame so no surprises there.

I wouldn’t touch it... but that’s just me and I live in California.

There is a really nice no rust one for sale 20 minutes from me for $5k. Just needs paint. $1500 to ship I would guess... if you have the time and tools go for it. But I’d rather start with a cleaner base vehicle personally. Good luck either way. No matter what 60 you buy... it’s gonna make you smile big.

I bought a rusty 60. About the same condition. I paid too much, it needed work and I spent too much.

I have no regrets other than I wish it had little to no rust and just beat up paint instead.

I wouldn’t touch it... but that’s just me and I live in California.

There is a really nice no rust one for sale 20 minutes from me for $5k. Just needs paint. $1500 to ship I would guess... if you have the time and tools go for it. But I’d rather start with a cleaner base vehicle personally. Good luck either way. No matter what 60 you buy... it’s gonna make you smile big.

I see these rusty/cheap 60 series threads from time to time. I am with @joebattle1 on this. There are just too many solid unrusty examples available for you to need to go down the road of repairing a rotted-out rust bucket. The price is tempting for sure(I would prolly shave a $1000 off for the rust myself), but deals can be had on solid trucks if you are patient. I promise OP, you will have plenty of things to spend money and work on without chasing rust around one of these even with the low miles. For these trucks it always seemed to me that low mileage examples simply indicate nothing has been replaced on them, as in, you have to. Rust can be fixed, sure, but with so many un-rusted examples available why mess with it? The rust you can see pales in comparison to the rust you can't. I won't direct you one way or another here but for me rust like this is a compete shutdown. I just don't have the tools, skills, or budget to deal with it. I commend all on this forum that do. You folks are true heroes and deserve medals for saving trucks like this. Just not for me. HTH.

Last edited:
with the black paint on the lower part of the body, I'm guessing bomdo or other repairs,
there is no way that the body doesn't or didn't have rust with the frame in that shape
swapping a frame is a huge undertaking,
chances are most or a lot of the bolts will break when trying to remove them
for me it's a parts rig, $2000 max

I would buy a different one without rust, even if it cost more money. Don't let the low price make you think it is a good deal. JMHO.

Last edited:
I bought a rusty 60 for 1200 with 152 K miles so I understand . I just knew that I wasn’t gonna spend thousands on it...just put money into it to make sure it brings me home. So Ive been really happy with it.

Swapping the frame is easy to say/write/suggest. It’s actually a boatload of work and you’ll spend at least twice as much as you think it will cost.

Unless you already own a welder and know how to use it, I’d suggest you look for another truck. If you’re a skilled welder, go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom