Found a parts 62 here in SC (pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ClemsonCruiser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey guys, had this cruiser fall into my lap........ you guys all know I want the EFI and the adjustable vents that is it, and richard is in for the power steering set-up anyone want to get in on a parts 62???? Looks like this thing has a good body on it, Gehn??? Who wants some axles???

here is the guys email and some pics:

JP, I have attached some pics of the cruiser. I bought it at local tow
yard here , the problem with it is the transfer case input
gear and transmission output shaft are striped. I have decided not to put
the money in to repairing it even though the body has no rust only a few
dints. The interior has no carpet and is pretty rough butt the electric
windows and locks work, no rust on floor boards either. The odo shows 255K
and I have the clean title. The motor runs fine and does not smoke or make
any unusual sounds. I am only looking to get $600 for the whole thing.
Thank you for responding to my e-mail and I hope to talk to you soon. KURT
also I could deliver it for the cost of fuel to get upstate.

Last edited:
Depending on cash amount I would be in for all the doors and poss the fenders. But depending on $ you never know. I basically need body (Actual sheetmetal) stuff.

Also - what kind of rims does it have they dont look stock?? If they are 15x8 then I need them for sure!!!

Hope we can work something out!

I'll take the body!!!! All of it, firewall back. I have cash now.....

Seriously, for $600 i'll buy the whole thing.

I'll take axles, suspension and steering too so i can roll it onto my trailer, hell if its easier, i have the cash to front it now and i can just sell you guys the rest for CHEAP.

Last edited:
so let the bidding begin............. :flipoff2:

I say if gehn has the money we let him buy it and he can sell us the parts we want as he suggested......... I just want the engine and EFI and computer that is all I ask (just wanted to make that clear so marshall doesn't buy it from underneath me again :flipoff2: )

the rest of the pics I have:
fj62 005.jpg

Last edited:
Well if you let me know the amount i really need doors on the pass side. As mine are rusted out! But I wouldnt mind having all 4 if there is truly no rust. Same on the fenders. But Ghen wants all that then I am fine with it. I am gunna have to pull whatever out of savings as long as we can make is a sweet deal for everyone. Also, any idea on the rims?

Ghen, did you get rid of your rims? I need 15x8 b/f I can mount my new tires. 12.5 wide.

Just let me know a price and I will hopefully be able to come through. (Again, its gunna have to come from savings, but I am willing to do that if its gunna be that good of a deal.) I dont mind the little damage esp. on that side as the bottom 4" on my back rear door is basically thick paper!

I could use all 4 doors, but whatever is fine. I can see my cruiser now with 2 blue doors! Ha, the wife surely wont ride with me!!

one other side note, I think one of my front turn signals has a crack as well.

Congrats....

Imagine the two of the parts I need for the 60 are the two that are dented.....

I need a hood and PS fender, but the 62s are little different, no?

(Still kicking myself for not being able to put together a deal on the two or three that have come up....)

I would be willing to pay an extremely low price for the steering wheel. Where's the stinking little grinpimp when you need him!

Umm depending on how the seats look and if they match my 60 I may get the drivers seat. Also in need of the mirrors, gonna paint them black though, don't like the chrome. I'll take the oh s*** handle on the glove box. Also the center console between the seats..would be cool to put it in the 40. Also the hitch if it'll come off. May put it on the gf's vehicle if it'll fit.

I need some lenses and those adj. vents :D and whenever you take the body off I'd most likely be up for some axles..........

Last edited:
Maybe I need to search in Tech, but aren't the 60s different from the firewall forward?

I thought the fenders were at least, but don't know about the hood.....

Anyone know what happened to the NEWB out of Asheville that wanted to sell a whole truck or part it? I think I have some doors coming from him once he takes pics.....he might have more since VT needs all things body (firewall back)....

I'll pull a newb and post up, hood may not be an issue (I'll pick up, and pay 50-75 if that sound fair, if not PM me)

I called kurt tonight and asked for some more pics. Chuck, the interior is trash, at least the seats, but you could take a look. JP, i wouldn't hold your breath on the axles, may be a little while until I can separate the body from the frame. I got the OK from th folks to have it at the house, but its gotta be able to roll.

Also, apparently the PO (before kurt) drilled holes in the roof to mount lights... :eek: i am waiting for more pics, we'll see.

I can wait for the axles no worries, time is my friend.............. I am going to start saving up parts to build my girl a 40 trail truck, those axles would be nice under an pre 76 cruza, so seriously if you get it and want to sell them, I'm in........

Keep us up todate man, this is very exciting indeed.....

ClemsonCruiser said:
I can wait for the axles no worries, time is my friend.............. I am going to start saving up parts to build my girl a 40 trail truck, those axles would be nice under an pre 76 cruza, so seriously if you get it and want to sell them, I'm in........

Keep us up todate man, this is very exciting indeed.....

JP:

If you get Ms. Jameson on the trails I'll buy you a case of beer! I wish we had more females trailing their own vehicles!

haha now there is the motavation I needed :grinpimp: she wants a 40, she just said I it need to look like alans trail truck........... so it might be a while :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom