Found a parts 62 here in SC (pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah we'll see that rig in about 10 years....well maybe we'll see it in 2 but it'll take him another 8 to get it fine tuned....lol....I'm just givin ya s*** JP. Ya know I'll help ya....cause I can't do it on my own either. I gotta fix the plumbing in my bathroom this afternoon, but I may start cleanin up the axle if I can get my leak to stop. Give me a call when ya get out of class.

Ghen I want all the Power Steering stuff so I can put it into my pig. I know you need it til you get home to VT but once you can pull it I'm sure we can figure out a fair price for it. I see everybody jumped on this while I was gone to the NC ST game watching our tigers kick butt.

Ummm Gehn are you plannin on takin this thing back to Vermont? I was under the impression you were gonna keep it here. when are you graduating?

he is taking it home for a while, to do his body swap up there I believe........ and can I add the auto tranny to my list and the t-case if marshall doesn't want it???

Last edited:
Ghen I forgot to ask about this. ---

Are you staying witht he power locks or no? If not I wouldnt mind getting the relays and switches from the other 2 doors as well. We are talking complete doors here that I can just swap out. I dont really want to have to pull everything off and replace etc. (Mirror, handels, switches, panels etc.)
-Other parts I need are the washer fluid bottle and or just the cap, as mine is missing the cap. As well as the battery tray and any thing associated with this, if it is still intact. (Mine is no longer there due to rust.)

Keep us posted and maybe get a ballpark figure sometime soon, for some of us who know what we are getting. Atleast $ wise so I know what I have to round up.

well dayum

I guess i missed to boat too.

Nah, I'll take those blasted taillights, and what ever else is left over. That hood seems to be in great shape as well( that would be a great one to replace for my rotting hood) looks like a pretty good cruiser. Just let me know what needs to be done and how much cash is needed.

Matt

OK, should be getting round two of pics soon, i'll let you know.

89s - you can have the complete pass doors minus the mirriors but those are easy to swap. I am considering keeping the pwr options and just getting two more 62 doors. If that changes i'll let you know, but for now the whole pass doors you can have as well as the battery tray, and washer resevoir, you can probably have the blue interior panels form the driver doors too and maybe the blue switches as i will be keeping my interior brown.

Chuck - I may be keeping the mirror because they fxxxed up from that last trip to mountian estates. we'll see though.
JP - the tranny is you can have and the tcase if marcshal doesn't want it.

This is all preliminary. Remember, i haven't officially bought it yet!! ;p

VTCruiser said:
This is all preliminary. Remember, i haven't officially bought it yet!! ;p

well what are you waiting for :flipoff2:.......... :D

hmmmmmmm..... how long would it be around??? might be able to swing my roomies on storing it for a while, don't know though. If all else fails you can always count on chuck he has a nice cruiser gave yard developing over at his place :D

Yeah I think we can swing it here so long as its gone by thanksgiving. I dont think we could get them to agree to xmas. Ghen do you need to leave the PS stuff in for when you bring it home with you? Or would I be able to yank it before that? I don't think I could do it until over xmas break most likely anyway I was just wondering.

Okay guys, got the pics. here's the low down....

THE BAD: He was right in the sense it IS pretty rust free, BUT from a body swap stand point, it is far from ideal. Dents and sings in many of the panels, there is a puncture in the left rear quarter from some thing that hit it, the roof is dented and has holes drilled in it, and the rear floor has a hole cut in it from where the fuel pump was removed, the interior is largely no good.... Though it is rust free, i would spend just as much time fixing these things as i would rust.

THE GOOD: there are a bunch of good parts still there. As discussed the front end, doors, powertrain, frame etc. can all be salvaged.

SO here is what we are looking at. I am still willing to put the money up for it as long as i can get my money back out of it, which i think i can once its all parted out.

However, this means we are still looking for place to keep this thing until it is all parted out. I am flying home over thanksgiving, it probably won't be before then. We need a place secured for this thing before i buy it, so POST UP SOON!!

:bounce:

Last edited:
Can you post any of the pics here?
Or will they even help any of us? I am pumped but also a little worried about $ and what the wife will say about all this :)

I'll definitely put in $ for the PS parts I need. I probably just wont have it until xmas.

Yeah I'll give ya some money for the few things I need....every bit helps.

Well, since the fenders are spoken for, the other two doors are dented and spoken for, that leaves with the hood, which would be the least of my needed parts. My hood isn't all that bad, so any dibs, if any, I have I'll give to 3pits, unless he doesn't want, but it would have to be almost perfect to be better than the one I've got (mine has a dent OUT from where someone closed it on I guess a too tall stud from the carb, but I can fix that. It also toof a small hit to the front edge, difficult spot, and the whole bottom edge isn't straight....)

Ok, he is firm on the $600 if he is going to deliver it so we're looking at $700 total. I will still go ahead and put the money upfront for it but i want to make sure i get my money back out of it especially since the body most likely won't work for me.

I told him as soon as we find a spot to put it, i will get back in touch with him.

so what do y'all think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom