Food for Fall Crawl 2019 (1 Viewer)

afgman786

SILVER Star
I just thought about this, what do yal think about doing fries with the burgers and dogs? I'll have a big enough burner if we've got a deep enough fryer and oil....

JohnVee

SILVER Star
I just thought about this, what do yal think about doing fries with the burgers and dogs? I'll have a big enough burner if we've got a deep enough fryer and oil....
My experience is that frying just isn't cost, or time, effective at these events. You're looking at $30-60 of oil just do make $10-20 of fries. Plus, you really need to isolate the fryer from kids/dogs/drunks (I used to bring chain link and posts...pain in the ass).

Oh, and it's "y'all". I thought you were from Georgia??? :flipoff2:

afgman786

SILVER Star
My experience is that frying just isn't cost, or time, effective at these events. You're looking at $30-60 of oil just do make $10-20 of fries. Plus, you really need to isolate the fryer from kids/dogs/drunks (I used to bring chain link and posts...pain in the ass).

Oh, and it's "y'all". I thought you were from Georgia??? :flipoff2:

Very good point. Didn't expect such valid reasoning from you :flipoff2:

Just throwing it out there. I am planning on eating dinners, and will be happy to compensate all cooks.

I am also happy to bring/pickup/share anything I bring.

Double Cask Rye is in the barrel.

I have been reluctant to commit to help with food stuffs because there is a 50/50 shot I will be missing Fall Crawl to attend the World Series and I don't want to be relied upon for anything. But if I find myself pitching my tent tomorrow afternoon, I will certainly help in any way I can.

I can help with whatever else we need not sure if I’m staying up there yet but willing to contribute either way.

Maybe some brats

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Wow. I lost track of myself in the pork smoking process. I inadvertently managed to fill a 45qt cooler with swine. 36lbs. Come hungry my friends, come hungry.

It's all packed into convenient 1.5lb vac seal bags, so please feel free to ask for some to go if you feel the urge.

Wow. I lost track of myself in the pork smoking process. I inadvertently managed to fill a 45qt cooler with swine. 36lbs. Come hungry my friends, come hungry.

It's all packed into convenient 1.5lb vac seal bags, so please feel free to ask for some to go if you feel the urge.

PICK ME PICK ME

Image result for forrest gump wave gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom